Page 1 of 1

MP3 and SPWAW

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:45 am
by RickI
Hi everybody,
I'm a 20 year old guy (artillery fanatic) from Italy,
I've just installed the game,and must admit I find it very very cool and entertaining.

The battle scheme is great, and tank battles are excellent, with very good Anti-tank assets and values.

I was wondering tough: Is it possible to run the game without sound, playing an MP3?
I tried but the game won't run.

Is there a solution?

Please, let me know.
Thanks.

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:59 am
by Svennemir
Welcome then.

Actually I have no problem doing that.

I just go into the preferences menu, turn off all sound and music effects, then quit the game and start WinAmp.

Now SPWAW should run without sound, but with the Mp3 playing in the background. At least it does on my computer...

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:40 pm
by Saviola
that's true, if only your sound card should support multi-task, but i would rather listen to the game sound 'cos that makes me feel more like on the battlefield. Though repetitive, but still stunning...(btw, sound of close combat is good also...);)

Thanks

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:12 pm
by RickI
Thanks, it works!

I've checked around , but couldn't find many scenarios, especially ones in 1940/1941.

Do you know a site with many scens, that could include some Greek-Italian battles?

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:33 pm
by Brutto-Bob
Ciao,

a year ago, i've done a campaign about the Italian-Greek war.
It was designed for SPWAW 5.1 but I think is still working.

The campaign is located in my web site, where you can pick some link to other italian scenarious:
http://www.geocities.com/spumadacinque

All that SPWAW stuff

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:04 pm
by RockinHarry
Hi RickI

check out the SPWAW resources webring:

http://webring.ectopia.net/spwaw/

__________
Harry

roger

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 2:16 am
by RickI
Thanks for the links guys.
Just downloaded some scenarios.

Bob, bellissima la campagna di Grecia nel 1940!
Sto al secondo scenario.
Come hai fatto a fare le mappe? Che libri hai usato?
Vorrei fare uno scenario su Klisura ma mi servono mappe/o foto.
Potresti aiutarmi?

Grazie

Re: MP3 and SPWAW

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 12:05 am
by john g
Originally posted by RickI
Hi everybody,
I'm a 20 year old guy (artillery fanatic) from Italy,
I've just installed the game,and must admit I find it very very cool and entertaining.

The battle scheme is great, and tank battles are excellent, with very good Anti-tank assets and values.

I was wondering tough: Is it possible to run the game without sound, playing an MP3?
I tried but the game won't run.

Is there a solution?

Please, let me know.
Thanks.
Buy a new (old) soundcard. My 3-4 year old riptide (came with the computer also functions as the 56k modem) will play mp3 with winamp at the same time the game is playing the soundtrack or the game is playing and guns are shooting etc. I want to say that it has 16 sound channels, I guess it can do things the new 3d surround sound cards can't.

Have you tried just running the game after starting your mp3 player, keeping the sound on?

I just ran a test Saturday night, media rack playing a cd, winamp playing an mp3 and SPWAW. All three worked on my soundcard simultaneously. I am more impressed by this soundcard each time I try to stress it.

My advice is find a different sound card.
thanks, John.