Page 1 of 1
Clemson DD's to Manley APD'S How?
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 9:20 pm
by Admiral DadMan
I thought I read somewhere that Clemson DD's became Manley APD's....
Is there a certain port that Clemson DD's have to go to (SF or LA) so they are converted to Manley APD's?
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:49 pm
by LargeSlowTarget
PW does not model the conversion, new Manley APDs just show up from time to time in LA without Clemsons being withdrawn. So, no way to increase the number of APDs. The Clemsons will be retired in 1944, i.e. if in port they will disappear. Keep them in a TF and they will stay.
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:22 pm
by Mika Väliviita
Actually the code that changes Clemsons to Manleys is there, but it places those Manleys in a location that doesn't allow their arrival. This could be easily changed.
Mika
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 6:04 pm
by BigE
Mika,
is this perhaps the same location that the elusive "General" class APs go to, that appear in the Allied pool of V2.3 sometime in 1943?
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 7:26 am
by Ranger-75
I read in Dunnigan's Victory at Sea that the Clemsons were converted to destroyer transports (APDs in PACWAR terms).
Ok Mika, so whare are the Clemson converted Manleys placed? All my Clemsons disappeared because I was using them for routine convoy escorts and / or fast escorts b/w Pearl and SanFran. So now I'm out about 16 DDs and the expected APDs are nowhere to be found!
I thought that I saw thwe ships in the Editor. They look like they are APD classed, but one can't make use of them...
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 12:37 pm
by Mika Väliviita
Don't know about the General APs (yet).
The "Clemson APDs" are placed in a location with a raw value of 2100. Perhaps they were intended to have a delay like those sunk ships returning, but then the value should be above 10000. This can be changed in savefiles.
Mika
Posted: Fri May 10, 2002 9:12 am
by Ranger-75
I guess we would have to let them be withdrawn by the executable and then go in and fix the location , ok for a solo but not possible in a pbem game. What about an .exe fix to correct the location (San Fran is where most ship units appear)???