Page 1 of 1
This game for me?
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:09 am
by zasgard
I'm looking for a game that will track individual losses. For example, lets say there is a German air raid. Will the game let me know how many and what kinds of aircraft were lost for every fight/mission?
Also, are the units, for example and tank, a representative of the actual unit? A PzIII unit has actual PzIII in that unit or is it just the icon to represent tanks in that unit.
Hope this makes sense?
Thanks!
RE: This game for me?
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:21 pm
by PitifulGrunt
No on all counts.
RE: This game for me?
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:30 pm
by JFalk68
COTA or Conquest of the Aegean keeps track of losses of your men and equipment. Battles are fought at the company/platoon level organized into battalions and brigades. Its a great game and I highly recommend it
You wont get an actual report telling you how many you lost, just telling you what you have left as the battle rages on and a final report telling you what you have left. If I where to improve upon COTA I would add a feature that tracks what units inflicted what kind of damage on enemy units and at the end of the battle a more detailed analysis of what I lost compared to what I started with.
I think some of the John Tiller's games track individual losses as well, the panzer campaigns was recommended to me but I still have yet to purchase it
Hope this helps.
John
RE: This game for me?
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:54 pm
by borsook79
ORIGINAL: zasgard
I'm looking for a game that will track individual losses. For example, lets say there is a German air raid. Will the game let me know how many and what kinds of aircraft were lost for every fight/mission?
Also, are the units, for example and tank, a representative of the actual unit? A PzIII unit has actual PzIII in that unit or is it just the icon to represent tanks in that unit.
Hope this makes sense?
Thanks!
You are making a mistake in the assessment of the game's scale. This depicts European Theatre, if a given unit has e.g. 500 hundred tanks of different types, how can this tracked? That would be tedious...