Page 1 of 1

How to Gain Experience??

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 10:24 pm
by rbrunsman
I've played SPWaW for years and I should know this, but how does the game engine award experience? Does the unit have to make a kill to gain exp? Do you only gain one exp point per scenario, or is it determined by the number of kills/damage taken, etc. I'm playing MCLV and I want to know how to maximize the exp for each of my units.

Thanks for any tips.

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:59 pm
by El_Peco
Your men gain experience using their weapons, so more you do to fire them, more experience they gain!
The kill icon is only a graphic feature.

Regards.

Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 9:23 pm
by Larry Holt
They also gain experience just by being in a battle even if they don't fire weapons (in fact some units don't have weapons to fire).

Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 12:36 am
by rbrunsman
Thanks for the replies, but how does exp. get allocated? I'm not certain, but it seems to me that some units gain more exp. than others after a battle. My recon units especially seem to be gaining experience faster than average and my transports and IGs seem to be gaining it slower than average. (I'm currently playing MCLV.)

It sounds like as long as a unit has participated in the battle, it is not necessary to go running all over the place during mop-up operations to get an easy "kill" for a unit in hopes of getting an extra experience point.

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:42 pm
by 11Bravo
In addition to above, I believe that your units also gain experience by taking casualties, but surviving.

You could try a quick experiment in a campaign. Select 2 units in the rear and have them hose each other down with Z fire. Compare with other units which actually fought the enemy or did nothing at all. Report your findings here if you learn anything interesting. :)