Page 1 of 2

Tutorial

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:55 am
by dwinston
Is there an update to when this will be released?

Thanks

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:28 pm
by rmielech
I've been asking too. Silence so far. 

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:28 am
by dwinston
Can you use the tutorial from the original WITP?

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:42 am
by dwinston
Can the orginal tutorial scenario be imported?

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:47 am
by thegreatwent
I believe that when AE was put together the Devs anticipated that it would be released requiring WitP to play. Therefore no tutorial was needed since WitP itself would perform that function. My recommendation would be to either play WitP then AE or start with one of the smaller AE scenarios and muddle through with the manual. Not to say that just jumping into the grand campaign and running smack dab into the learning cliff isn't fun also. Hope this is helpful[:)]

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:47 am
by Torplexed
ORIGINAL: dwinston

Can the orginal tutorial scenario be imported?

No.

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:50 am
by jwilkerson
ORIGINAL: rmielech

I've been asking too. Silence so far. 

We've been totally focused on patch 01. The Tutorial has been reworked and exists in draft form - it now needs to go through a review process which will take an estimated 2-3 weeks. I suspect the tutorial will be released in its own "hotfix" type of patch.


RE: Tutorial

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:27 am
by dwinston
Thanks for the repy - glad you are working on the patch will try reading through the manual :) but a tutorial will definitley help - complex simulation!

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:23 am
by rmielech
Sounds good.

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 am
by yoshino
Thanks a lot.Hope for it include Japanese production and fuel/oil management tutorial.

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:36 am
by dwinston
Just curious - what do you mean by hotfix type of patch?

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:35 am
by Hanzberger
As soon as they are done with the Tutorial they will release it as a patch but they call it a "hotfix". It will be a stand alone, not really fixing anything, more of an addition.

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:20 am
by dwinston
Nudge :) Now that the patch has come out - and seems to have generated a very positive response - I am now even more so looking for the tutorial - thanks

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:26 pm
by dwinston
Nudge again :) If I go back and reload the original WITP and go through that tutorial - will that work for the Admiral's edition?

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:56 pm
by Kabbers

Hello. I know someone is working on the tutorial, and even though I don't know them yet I think, I want to send them a big thanks and reassurance that their work will be read and appreciated when it's ready.

Best, Kabbers.

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:49 am
by SuluSea
Just dedicate yourself to learning one thing a day, you'll be up to speed in no time. WITP is a fantastic training tool for this game, IMO. 

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:21 pm
by dwinston
Bump - any news?

Thanks

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:27 pm
by EagleMountainDK
ORIGINAL: SuluSea

... WITP is a fantastic training tool for this game, IMO. 

Yeah but some of us is new and don't own WITP [:)][;)]

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:12 pm
by decaro
ORIGINAL: jwilkerson
... The Tutorial has been reworked and exists in draft form - it now needs to go through a review process which will take an estimated 2-3 weeks. I suspect the tutorial will be released in its own "hotfix" type of patch.

Will the tutorial cover production?

RE: Tutorial

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:34 pm
by dwinston
Just looking for when to expect...

Thanks...