Page 1 of 1

San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:56 am
by JohnDillworth
I have a unit on the east coast, in strategic move mode, with a future objective of San Diego. When I try and move the unit to San Diego, presumably by rail, I am told it is an "invalid destination"

Image

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:01 am
by khyberbill
Sometimes you cant ship all the way to the WC. I then send to Salt Lake City and then on to WC. This happens when I am moving lots of troops at once. I am told that it increases playability!!!

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am
by JohnDillworth
Can't seem to move this to any location on the map. Everywhere I try is invalid

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:43 am
by vlcz
Is IN the East coast base hex? If by error (I did it![:(]) you previously marched even one hex you have to go back to cath the train.

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:49 am
by mark24
I think the unit's bugged, I have the same thing.

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:02 am
by Top Cat
Yep, same here. I've had the same unit nailed to the East Coast for 3 months, plan to see if I can ship it by boat.

Cheers
Top Cat

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:06 am
by rogueusmc
And especially for CD units, turn off replacements or they will be halfway to destination and get a static piece then you are stuck there for the rest of the war...

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:26 am
by Dobey455
Just out of curiosity, have you tried anything other than "Strategic Move"? such as using the "Move" Op mode??

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:36 am
by Tomcat
I think this unit can be shipped to Balboa, and from there to an island destination. Quirky.

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:13 pm
by BigJ62
Found the problem.

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:29 pm
by FOW
ORIGINAL: BigJ62

Found the problem.

And that is .......???????????

I got around the problem by strategic move to the first base at the end of the 'channel' in Nevada, then setting orders again for LA

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:05 pm
by khyberbill
Found the problem.
I dont know what the problem is, however, I was able to move the unit from EC to San Fran, I think by stopping in Salt Lake City first. I was not paying attention at the time, but the unit is now in San Fran and it did not go there by boat.

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:13 pm
by Mynok
ORIGINAL: FOW

ORIGINAL: BigJ62

Found the problem.

And that is .......???????????

I got around the problem by strategic move to the first base at the end of the 'channel' in Nevada, then setting orders again for LA

Just means he found an issue and fixed it. If it was something we needed to know details on, he would have said. [8D]

RE: San Diego is an invalid destination why?

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 pm
by rogueusmc
ORIGINAL: Mynok

ORIGINAL: FOW

ORIGINAL: BigJ62

Found the problem.

And that is .......???????????

I got around the problem by strategic move to the first base at the end of the 'channel' in Nevada, then setting orders again for LA

Just means he found an issue and fixed it. If it was something we needed to know details on, he would have said. [8D]
That logic works with Martians?...not so sure about Earthlings...