Page 1 of 1
Screen shots in lieu of demo :)
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:22 am
by Fred98
The new screen shots look excellent.
The artwork is terrific.
I would like this game to be successful as much as anybody.
It seems to me that if you carefully choose the screen shots, you can provide the flavour of the game without requiring a demo.
But a very short video would also be enlightening.
-
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:05 pm
by Marc von Martial
Thanks for the kuddos, AFAIK warfarehq.com was planning to make a gameplay video.
In lieu of demo
Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:01 pm
by Iron Duke
Matrix--
Why not add one additional playtester to the team with the job of providing a continious supply of AAR's to the forum(s) . I'm sure this will generate lots of interest without sidetracking any of the developement team to produce a demo.
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 4:52 am
by Mockingbird2
I don't think so.
A video does not really tell us much, but I guess it's better than screen shots alone.

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:18 am
by Ross Moorhouse
The screenshots have been done to try to show most, but not all, the game and the detail that this game goes into. Also wanted to show off some of the SFX.
Screenshots and reviews are the 2 main things that swing me when I want to buy a new game. And I am one very fussy buyer too.
There is a demo poll floating around on the forums here. The largest vot so far is 44% of people polled who say that demos are a waste of bandwidth...
showthread.php?s=&threadid=18583 is the results screen so far for the poll...