Page 1 of 2
Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:03 pm
by fcam1387
Anyone know whether I'll be able to run this game smoothly if I decide to upgrade from Vista?
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:07 pm
by wild_Willie2
Windows 7 uses the same core as Vista, It's basically Vista as it should have been 3 years ago...
If it runs on Vista, it will run on 7...
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:42 pm
by DuckofTindalos
It's been tested on Windows 7 and works.
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:49 pm
by Knavey
You tested it on Microsoft Works? WOW...you guys ARE thorough! [:D]
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:16 pm
by witpqs
Giving 'im the works, are ya?
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:18 pm
by DuckofTindalos
ORIGINAL: Knavey
You tested it on Microsoft Works? WOW...you guys ARE thorough! [:D]
Yeah, there's even an Easter Egg for you to find which lets you run the game in Google Maps.[:'(]
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:24 pm
by peeramit
I've been running the game (it's a game right???) on windows 7 RTM for the last month or so. The only problem I've been experiencing, is that the Jap AI is winning. I might go back to win98.
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:33 pm
by Mynok
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: Knavey
You tested it on Microsoft Works? WOW...you guys ARE thorough! [:D]
Yeah, there's even an Easter Egg for you to find which lets you run the game in Google Maps.[:'(]
Oh, you are truly evil......[:D]
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:37 pm
by Wolfpack_MatrixForum
I have windows 7 and it runs fine for me.
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:35 pm
by dwinston
Tried it on Windows 7 and is fine...
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 pm
by Grunt
How'd you guys get Windows 7? It isn't available to us mere mortals until Oct 22. I guess I just answered my own question.
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:13 pm
by dwinston
They had a beta download - to spur interest...
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:16 am
by Chris21wen
ORIGINAL: Grunt
How'd you guys get Windows 7? It isn't available to us mere mortals until Oct 22. I guess I just answered my own question.
Did we Brits get something before you Yanks[:D] I'm using an upgrade version from Vista and it took me approx 90 mins to upgrade my laptop. I did so with trepidation I might add but it is a work machine so I proceeded as all my data is backed up. Nothing, absolutly nothing went wrong. IT WORKS!
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:52 pm
by fcam1387
Is it much better than Vista? Do you recommened the upgrade? I reckon I'll be able to get a dirt cheap student rate discount.
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:54 pm
by Nikademus
It improves the UAC feature. That alone makes it better than Vista. [:D]
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:56 pm
by USSAmerica
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: Knavey
You tested it on Microsoft Works? WOW...you guys ARE thorough! [:D]
Yeah, there's even an Easter Egg for you to find which lets you run the game in Google Maps.[:'(]
Terminus, I've been trying and trying and I can't get AE to run in Google Maps!!! [:@][:@][:@]
This game is borked!!![:@]
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:57 pm
by Chris21wen
ORIGINAL: fcam1387
Is it much better than Vista? Do you recommened the upgrade? I reckon I'll be able to get a dirt cheap student rate discount.
Yes
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:56 pm
by Knavey
ORIGINAL: highiller
I've been running the game (it's a game right???) on windows 7 RTM for the last month or so. The only problem I've been experiencing, is that the Jap AI is winning. I might go back to win98.
[:D]
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:23 pm
by Mynok
ORIGINAL: USS America
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: Knavey
You tested it on Microsoft Works? WOW...you guys ARE thorough! [:D]
Yeah, there's even an Easter Egg for you to find which lets you run the game in Google Maps.[:'(]
Terminus, I've been trying and trying and I can't get AE to run in Google Maps!!! [:@][:@][:@]
This game is borked!!![:@]
I see your trap has nailed its first victim, T. [:D]
RE: Compatability with Windows 7
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:29 pm
by Macca
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: Knavey
You tested it on Microsoft Works? WOW...you guys ARE thorough! [:D]
Yeah, there's even an Easter Egg for you to find which lets you run the game in Google Maps.[:'(]
Tried it, the game crashes when you turn satelite view on and combat animations are to be displayed.