Page 1 of 1

1.60 not running

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 am
by kyle8
I had no problem running the game before,with 1.50 I am using vista. But when I installed 1.60 the game will not run. It will get as far as the first screen where you chose a scenario, but then it just drops out when you go to the next screen.

I reinstalled the game from scratch then installed 1.60, and the same thing happened.

RE: 1.60 not running

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 pm
by Bleck
Check last lines in ConsoleOut.txt after game crash.

RE: 1.60 not running

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:05 pm
by rahamundo
I am having the same problem but only when I try to play a previously saved game....I can start a new game just fine but can't access the saved games, it crashes to desktop just like kyle8 posted. Thanks for any suggetions. Hopefully saved games aren't lost with this patch.

RE: 1.60 not running

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:17 pm
by Tomokatu
I attach a zip file about a similar problem. My patched 1.60 crashes to desk after selecting certain scenarios. I THINK I have the cause identified.
The enclosed ConsoleOut.txt shows the failure to be after the game tries to load data/scenarios/[scenario_name]/image.png.
The in-game Load screen at the same time shows non-ASCII characters in the scenario title for each of the scenarios which cause the game to crash.
The screencaps of the sample game directories show that there are no image.png files in the directory to be loaded.
The problem occurs on all scenarios labelled EUROPE-19XX and POLAND1939.

I haven't tested the tutorial scenario, but there is no image.png in there, either.

Have I got this right? [&:]

Where can I get the appropriate image.png file for the scenarios, please?[&o]

RE: 1.60 not running

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:01 pm
by Bleck
ORIGINAL: rahamundo

I am having the same problem but only when I try to play a previously saved game....I can start a new game just fine but can't access the saved games, it crashes to desktop just like kyle8 posted. Thanks for any suggetions. Hopefully saved games aren't lost with this patch.
That is because saves from 1.50 (original) are not compatible with 1.60. It was mentioned several times on forum, also info about this was in description of patch 1.60 beta. Unfortunately there is no such info in description of official patch 1.60 in download section.


@Tomokatu:
Where did you get those scenarios from? [X(]

RE: 1.60 not running

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:17 pm
by rahamundo
ORIGINAL: Bleck

ORIGINAL: rahamundo

I am having the same problem but only when I try to play a previously saved game....I can start a new game just fine but can't access the saved games, it crashes to desktop just like kyle8 posted. Thanks for any suggetions. Hopefully saved games aren't lost with this patch.
That is because saves from 1.50 (original) are not compatible with 1.60. It was mentioned several times on forum, also info about this was in description of patch 1.60 beta. Unfortunately there is no such info in description of official patch 1.60 in download section.


@Tomokatu:
Where did you get those scenarios from? [X(]

Thanks Bleck...not good news but it's an answer. To be honest I didn't read all the accompanying info....a bummer too, I was far into a full campaign as the Russians and doing pretty well.....will have to start over.

RE: 1.60 not running

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:28 am
by Bleck
You can always end your saved game in not patched ToW if you really want to :) You can havve both 1.50 and 1.60 versions installed

RE: 1.60 not running

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:42 pm
by Tomokatu
@Tomokatu:
Where did you get those scenarios from?
Huh?
I did a clean install (on a different drive) of the ToW upgrade from RtV, then patched to V1.60 and hey presto, there they were![:(] I've just been back to look at my old copy of RtV and that's what they seem to be-carryovers from the earlier install.[:)]

Should I just delete them or are they at all compatible with ToW 1.6? Should they be made compatible with 1.6? Has this not happened to anybody else? Oh dear!

RE: 1.60 not running

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:28 pm
by Bleck
There are so many differences between RtV and ToW that it would be hard to make those scenarios compatible, just delete them... ToW is a stand-alone game, not an update for RtV ;)

RE: 1.60 not running

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:39 am
by Tomokatu
Thank you, Bleck.[&o]