Page 1 of 1

Eagle Day Scoring and Victory Qontitions questions

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:18 pm
by pejsek
I am playing ED 1940 Long Campaign as the Luftwaffe against AI. The scoring for Industrial Damage and Terror is not as in the manual. The Victory conditions are different too. It seems that the Luftwaffe player gets 1 Terror level for 10,000 Terror points.
How is Industry Damage Level calculated ?
What is the Air Superiority required for Day 40 AS victory ?

RE: Eagle Day Scoring and Victory Qontitions questions

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:33 pm
by Hard Sarge
What is the Air Superiority required for Day 40 AS victory ?

AS needed should be 12

the Victory conditions are different too. It seems that the Luftwaffe player gets 1 Terror level for 10,000 Terror points.

that may of changed with the game engine, it is 10,000 points for 1 point of terror

How is Industry Damage Level calculated ?

not sure about the question ?, but if I follow it right, 500 points of ID is worth 1 SD point (so if you have 1700 ID points of damage on the summery screen, the SD damage should be 3)

RE: Eagle Day Scoring and Victory Qontitions questions

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:34 pm
by Hard Sarge
summery screen

Image

RE: Eagle Day Scoring and Victory Qontitions questions

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:21 pm
by vonRocko
How is air superiority determined? Is it damage to airfields and total number of aircraft?
Thanks

RE: Eagle Day Scoring and Victory Qontitions questions

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:53 pm
by pejsek
Thank you for your answer

RE: Eagle Day Scoring and Victory Qontitions questions

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:58 pm
by Baron von Beer
How is air superiority determined? Is it damage to airfields and total number of aircraft?

Unless I'm missing any other factors, it's ready aircraft + airfield damage points, divided by enemy ready aircraft.

Eg in HS's screenshot, if he had 105 more ready LW aircraft, or 105 airfield damage points, he would have 4 AS points. (2808/702)

RE: Eagle Day Scoring and Victory Qontitions questions

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:27 pm
by vonRocko
I see! Thank you Baron.

RE: Eagle Day Scoring and Victory Qontitions questions

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:35 pm
by Hard Sarge
it don't always work out prefect, by the math

RE: Eagle Day Scoring and Victory Qontitions questions

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:34 pm
by Antonin
One thing that has always confused me about this game is the point scoring system. I've read the manual, read various forum posts, and I have to ask--couldn't there have been a simpler way? I like to check after every few missions to see how I'm doing, but it's hard to get a handle on just what I've done and how far I need to go. Such-and-such number of one type of points equals one point of whatever?

Why not just track points, period?

After each raid I have no idea if I've scored 20 points of industrial damage or 499.

I realize that in real life levels of damage were often uncertain. But this is a game, after all.