Page 1 of 1
Just a few questions
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:23 pm
by pzpat
1) Other than the delay in shipbuilding, the new 1.6 looks and acts the same as the demo. I don't get any more information about naval or air battles other than % effectiveness of aerial bombing. What am I missing?
2) I've been trying to use the unit mods that everyone else seems to be using. I download them, put them in the gfx folder, extract and open them (not always in that order), and the computer still doesn't recognize them. I even renamed one file to [Unit Skins] Mix 3 and it still didn't work. What am I doing wrong?
3) I access the Reports page a lot, and when I pick my country and change pages, as from research to production, the country will change, as from Italy to Germany, and then I have to select the country again. That didn't change from the beta, and it's annoying. When I go to losses, it shows me every country in the game, selecting Belgium because it's first alphabetically, and then I have to hunt for the country I wanted to see (like Germany). That's REALLY annoying. Is there a fix out there for this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. At first I thought this game would be something to pass the time until Gary Grigsby's new War in Russia came out. But when I played it, it turned out to be a lot of fun. Now it's becoming more frustrating.
RE: Just a few questions
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:21 pm
by Bleck
ORIGINAL: pzpat
1) Other than the delay in shipbuilding, the new 1.6 looks and acts the same as the demo. I don't get any more information about naval or air battles other than % effectiveness of aerial bombing. What am I missing?
Check
fb.asp?m=2213743 This is first patch for ToW so we focused on critical bugs and then things suggested by you guys.
ORIGINAL: pzpat
2) I've been trying to use the unit mods that everyone else seems to be using. I download them, put them in the gfx folder, extract and open them (not always in that order), and the computer still doesn't recognize them. I even renamed one file to [Unit Skins] Mix 3 and it still didn't work. What am I doing wrong?
Unit mods (skins) files (units.png, info.png, appearance.csv) have to be placed directly in data\gfx\[UnitsSkin]
AnyName directory (create new one if mod contain only files). Game should list "
AnyName" in "Units skin" combobox in Preferences menu. Just select it and click OK. Also remember to use only mods compatible with patch 1.6.
ORIGINAL: pzpat
3) I access the Reports page a lot, and when I pick my country and change pages, as from research to production, the country will change, as from Italy to Germany, and then I have to select the country again. That didn't change from the beta, and it's annoying. When I go to losses, it shows me every country in the game, selecting Belgium because it's first alphabetically, and then I have to hunt for the country I wanted to see (like Germany). That's REALLY annoying. Is there a fix out there for this?
Not yet, because (as far as I remember, if I'm wrong then sorry) nobody reported those things before. We will try to fix them [:)]
RE: Just a few questions
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:54 pm
by micheljq
You should see version 1.60 at one of the loading screens of the game. I remember seeing that after patching.
RE: Just a few questions
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:24 pm
by pzpat
I downloaded the official 1.60 last night; that's what I'm responding to.
Bleck--thanks for answering. Which skins are compatible with 1.60?
As for question 3, I did report it. See under Tech Support the thread entitled "Report Display Problem Pics." Jack54 said he had the same problem, and you said "Fixed", but it's not. (Don't know how you get the thread numbers.) Last entry was Sept 18.
RE: Just a few questions
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:52 pm
by Bleck
Indeed, I must have overlooked this, by "Fixed" I was referring to both reports being displayed...
Some of them have "1.6" in thread title, others are updated... generally in new unit skins (for 1.6) size of units.png is 1024x1024, while for previous version it was 1024x512. This is the fastest way to identify them if you are not sure.
RE: Just a few questions
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:25 pm
by Harbinger
Okay, I know this is going to sound dumb, but hey, I'm dense sometimes!
Can someone explain to me the difference between an occupied city and an annexed city please?
Thanks.
RE: Just a few questions
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:02 pm
by AH4Ever
You occupy cities as you conquer a country and annex them once it surrenders.
RE: Just a few questions
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:07 pm
by Harbinger
Really?. I thought that once the country surrendered that the cities became controlled?
It's not the occupied cities that have me wondering so much as the annexed cites.
RE: Just a few questions
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:17 pm
by AH4Ever
I believe you control them either way, unless I'm missing something the difference between occupied and annexed is that annexed cities supply more production points.