Page 1 of 1
Movement phase
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:05 am
by nukkxx5058
I have to admit I am very disappointed by the movement phase. It's very difficult (and not very interesting) to follow... it is in addition very long. Or do I miss something ?
RE: Movement phase
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:20 am
by KenchiSulla
You leave us guessing a bit but I guess you are are playing the attacking side (planning raids) and are tired of waiting for the "action" phase to complete (it can take a bit long). Just set your message to 0, it will rush through the entire day in a matter of minuts.
Personally I like to take my time and set message level to 3. You can better asses the results of your missions IMHO.
RE: Movement phase
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:24 am
by Hard Sarge
as already stated, not sure what you are asking or saying, so can't really reply, please explain what you think is wrong ?
RE: Movement phase
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:50 am
by nukkxx5058
sorry for not being clear enough. My problem is that I dotn't see the point of watching these little planes turning in round apparently randomly on the screen. It is not interesting to watch and rather long ... So I wondered if I missed something because if the pleasure of the game is to watch this movement phase (apart of course planning the missions), then I might be very desappointed by the game ...
I just played the tutorial, german side.
RE: Movement phase
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:53 am
by KenchiSulla
If you think movements are random and don't find it interesting, well, I dont think anything or anyone can redeem you [8|]
RE: Movement phase
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:58 am
by Hard Sarge
well, as stated, if you are on the OFF side, you don't really have to watch too much of what happens, you basic goal is to plot the raids, turn on, line art (instead of plane) turn off messages, turn on Urban view, and the mission day will be over quickly
but since you plotting the raids, they shouldn't appair random ?
unless you are meaning the defence sending up patrols (which they are trying to be the areas, they think you are going to attack)
if you playing defence, it can get a whole lot more hectic
other then that, not sure how to help, or explain things to help you
RE: Movement phase
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:04 am
by Howard Mitchell
I’ve only limited experience playing the game so far, and only seriously as Bomber Command, so I’m setting missions up and watching them run. I look at what happens during the movement phase for several reasons:
How effective has my routing been at evading or splitting night fighters? Did any diversions I sent up draw night fighters away from my main strike(s), how far can I penetrate into Germany before swarms of Bf 110s and Ju 88s jump on me, did routing through Denmark or France make any difference?
Where do my raids take the most losses? If I’m including jammer aircraft or Airborne Cigar with them I want to see if they make much of a difference. I may need to include more, or hit closer targets within their range.
Where are night fighters based? You can see where they are recalled to and the next night I want to have Mosquitoes over those bases ready for when they return.
RE: Movement phase
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:18 pm
by otisabuser2
Lots of fascinating stuff to watch in the daylight movement phase.
Which of you decoys/feints worked ? Did your overall plan succeed ? Some timing adjustments needed next time ?
At what points did the LW fighters intecept or cease intercepting ? How strong were they ? So useful for planning your future fighter escort.
How successful were you strikes ? How many groups bombed until you got the 100%, are you using overkill ?
If your bombing strikes failed, why was it ? Flak, too many interceptions, cloud, wrong altitude or mistaken target ?
If you choose to, you can note where the LW take off from and gain "intel" on which bases are operational for further attacks.
Sooooo much to look out for. I had stacks of notes scribbled down whilst continually pausing the game because it was going too fast, for me.
RE: Movement phase
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:02 pm
by nukkxx5058
Thank you all for your responses. Sounds good. I will pay more attention to the movement phase and experiment a little bit more ... ;-
RE: Movement phase
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:52 pm
by StkNRdr
If the map seems too busy with overlapping plane icons, maybe you should try the "T" button on the right side during resolution phase (about halfway down). This replaces the plane icons with colored boxes and flight paths. Size and thickness of the boxes denote plane type and numbers (if I'm not mistaken). I played with this on several times and am up in the air which I prefer more.
RE: Movement phase
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:24 am
by nukkxx5058
Yp, I agree, it's far better. Otherwise the map is far too busy and hard to read.