Page 1 of 1

lengthening Game?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:52 am
by deathreapa11
hello there, might I first off start by saying FANTASTIC game, really well done and I've honestly enjoyed the expierence. However I started a standard game, and being a die hard New Yorker I instantly chose the damnyankees. Since I was learning the ropes I got my a** handed to me ona plate for the first 2 years, but then as I realized how to play I was able to take back on the offensive. Now Im crushing the Confederates in the west, then as I lay siege to South Carolina... BAm the game is over end of 1864. Im assuming this is to show that if the confederates had lasted that long the war would have ended, but I really wish to keep playing, as after the amount of time I've put into this game I, understadabley, want to win. Is there a way to extend the game time, I.E. Through messing with some code?

Anyway Cheers

Ethan

RE: lengthening Game?

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 am
by Ironclad
Good to hear you are enjoying the game. I'm not aware of a way to restart a finished game but if you want to avoid a CSA win through the operation of the extra VPs through 64/65 there is the No Time Limit option on the setup screen for any future game. There is also an option for Total victory which doubles the victory point requirement.

Even better of course is to defeat the CSA before the time advantages kick in (as they are intended to reflect the real war realities) and as you gain more experience you will find them less of an impediment and will probably want to up the level of AI resistance through increased difficulty level.

RE: lengthening Game?

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:26 pm
by Gil R.
I checked with the programmer (= EricBabe) and he says that to doctor the save files would involve his explaining about twenty pages of code. Which is a programmer's way of saying "No, it can't be done." Just consider it a learning game, I guess.

Thanks for your comments on FOF!