Page 1 of 1

Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:27 pm
by jackyo123
how can you tell how many bombs/torps are present at a base?

I have a squadron of torp bombers - when i set their carried ordnance to be BOMBS the text is yellow. When I set to TORPS, it goes RED.

I presume this means I have no torps around - how can I tell what base inventory is?


RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:04 pm
by John Lansford
Torpedoes come from Naval HQ units; if you look in their LCU screen there should be a "Torpedoes x ...", where the number after the x is how many torpedoes they've "purchased" using supply points.

If your TB's aren't located where a Naval HQ is located, they can only use bombs.  As long as the base has enough supply, it will have bombs.

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:07 pm
by jackyo123
awesome thanks. i had looked around for the 'torp purchase' thing after reading it in the manual but wasnt able to find where to do it. I think i looked at the base screen but not the HQ screens.

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:42 pm
by wdolson
I believe you mean air HQs and torpedoes.  I think some naval HQs also have torpedoes, but most air HQs do.

Look at the devices in the HQ unit.  If there is a torpedo line, then the HQ can support torpedo operations.

Bill

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:08 pm
by irishman
When it says 'Torpedo Ordnance x100', does this mean that I have 100 torpedoes available? Or do I need to 'get' more torpedoes?

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:11 pm
by irishman
As shown?

Image

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:16 pm
by John Lansford
It means you've got 100 torpedoes available; that's how many the HQ unit tries to keep in stock by "buying" them with supply points.  I've seen other HQ's with lower torpedo values and I believe you can adjust it as well.

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:16 am
by stldiver
you always can purchase more torpedos as long as you have supply.

Ex. You move HQ to new base it will show 0 torpedoes, You buy in increments of 10. Thus if flying 48 nells I would always have a minimum of 50 torpedoes in case they need to launch that day and you want all to carry. If you had 100 torpedoes you could be sure of morning and afternoon strike would carry torpedoes. You can purchase as many as you want in a day, but have to do in icrements of 10.

Took a bit for me to figure this out for myself. Fortunatly Scott did not figure out my ineptitude till after they started carrying torpedoes!

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:44 am
by goran007

Well its normal that torpedoes cost supplies, but why do i need to constantly check bases if they have enough?

Buying 10+10+10 is a pain.

Let me have an option for my HQ to always request more if minimum is lets say 100...

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:53 am
by John Lansford
Once you set the "Torpedoes x nn" to a certain value, the HQ will always purchase enough torpedoes for that amount as long as it's got supply to spend.  No need to keep checking or buying more torpedoes unless you bring more torpedo bombers there.

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:45 am
by goran007
this helped a lot[&o]

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:57 am
by xj900uk
How do you buy torpedo's?  Do you click on the arrow to the right of where it says 100x100?
And how do you buy mines for my mine layers?  Is that through HQ units as well?

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:53 am
by crsutton
Mines are dependent on the pool. Check your troops and equipment pool for the amount in the pool and production rate just like you would a particular aircraft. Use them up, then you have to wait for production to replenish your stocks. I started laying mines like crazy and ran out early on. It is not like WITP, you have to pick and choose now.

RE: Torpedo/Bomb stocks at a base?

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:51 am
by jackyo123
i am aplying guadalcanal, and dont seem to have any air fleet HQ's.

So no torpedo purchase screen.

So does this mean I eventually wont have torps for my land based planes?