Page 1 of 1

The "Mighty Midget" : the LCS

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:26 pm
by KG Erwin
Interesting website here : http://www.mightymidgets.org/

In SPWAW, the LCS is a small (387 tons fully loaded) and cheap (83 purchase points)gunboat, but it packs considerable firepower and can render significant close-range support for amphibious landings. They are available beginning in May 1944.







Image

RE: The "Mighty Midget" : the LCS

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:13 pm
by azraelck
I think "significant" is an understatement. I've made entire landings solely based on the sheer firepower that a number of LCS' can bring to bear. What didn't die was routed. If it couldn't run, it soon died to my tanks and men.

Of course, in real life they were probably very vulnerable to counterfire from the shore, as well as aircraft attacking. I never had that problem. Lost a few here and there, due to (un)lucky shots.

Now I want to start a amphibious landing somewhere...

RE: The "Mighty Midget" : the LCS

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:04 am
by mkr8683
Wait till you see the French Dinassaut units in the Vietnam mod. So far I have about twenty different types of ships for them.