Page 1 of 1

Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:31 am
by treespider
Scenario 1 -

House Rules negotiable...

But primarily -
1. Kwantung/Korean Army units need to be paid for to leave Korea/Manchuria
2. Thai units stay in Thailand
3. Indian/Commonwealth units in India need to be paid for to enter Burma proper. (I forget that actual HQs involved here)

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:59 pm
by 1EyedJacks
Just curious - why do you feel the Thai units should stay in Thailand? Why not just pay PP like Kwangtung if the Japanese player wishes to use those forces elsewhere?


RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm
by treespider
ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

Just curious - why do you feel the Thai units should stay in Thailand? Why not just pay PP like Kwangtung if the Japanese player wishes to use those forces elsewhere?



That would be doable...but I doubt the Thai govt would be happy sending their divisions to Java. And many times we saw in testing the Thai Army spearheading an early drive into Burma.

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:19 pm
by 1EyedJacks
Hi Treespider,

Are you planning to wait until the next patch comes out? From what I've read a new update/upgrade should be out in a week or two...


RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 pm
by treespider
Doesn't matter...whenever.

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:32 pm
by 1EyedJacks
PM sent

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:50 pm
by treespider
ORIGINAL: 1EyedJacks

PM sent

To me?

EDIT ---Ahhh email.

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:27 pm
by Swenslim
Thai units can me used as garrison units in Burma. That is all their expirience allows.

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:09 pm
by treespider
ORIGINAL: Swenslim

Thai units can me used as garrison units in Burma. That is all their expirience allows.

That would be reasonable serving as garrisons...but they are still potent against the poor Burmese experienced units..if used offensively early.

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:53 pm
by 1EyedJacks
Hi Treespider,

Just an FYI that my dance card is full so I need to take my name out of the hat. I hope you find a great opponent and have an awesome game.

TTFN,

Mike

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:58 pm
by treespider
No problem. Thanks Mike.

Dance card still open..... hoping I get schooled in China.

Any takers?

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:57 am
by castor troy
would like to take you on after patch 2 has been released, unfortunately I´m not an experienced Japanese player in AE at all... [:(] perhaps in a couple of months after I got all my WITP habits out of my head.

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:41 am
by treespider
ORIGINAL: castor troy

would like to take you on after patch 2 has been released, unfortunately I´m not an experienced Japanese player in AE at all... [:(] perhaps in a couple of months after I got all my WITP habits out of my head.


Nasty habits they are...[:)]. When you think you are ready, if no one has offered me a dance, you can have a go with me...
[:)]

Until then the dance card is still open...

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:03 pm
by Mike Dixon
Treespider,

Are you still up for a game?

Mike

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:32 pm
by treespider
Yes, sir I am...we can wait for the patch if you prefer...some nice chrome additions coming...[;)]

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:02 pm
by Mike Dixon
Might as well get started straight away.

Proposed house rules, in addition to your inital ones:-

Historical start
Variable reinforcements 15 days
Dud Allied Torpedeos on
Allied damage On
Realistic R&D ON
no unit withdrawls off
Expand at start OFF
Auto subs OFF

PDU's your call - any others I've forgotten?


RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:09 am
by Sonny II
You still looking tree?

RE: Looking for Experienced Japanese Opponent

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am
by treespider
Dixon filled it .... thanks for asking.