Page 1 of 1
What are the games you will buy from Matrixgames?
Posted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:12 am
by scimitar
Well, Paul launched three polls about the decline of wargaming and its future. I think it could be interrestive for the Matrix staff to know how we plan to buy their games.
So, for me: I'm planning to buy Combat Leader: Eastern Front, all of the following modules (especially waiting for the modern module) and all the megacampaigns for CL; I'm also planning to buy every new megacampaign for SPWAW (if any).
Posted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:50 am
by Raverdave
For me it will be UV, WitP, and CL
Posted: Wed May 08, 2002 4:39 pm
by Odin
UV and WitP are mine for shure:D
Posted: Wed May 08, 2002 5:35 pm
by Mojo
I've preordered UV already. I plan on buying WitP and CL. I may buy CA but I'm not sure about that one.
I understand that Matrix has some other games in the pipeline that I'm waiting for as well.
Posted: Wed May 08, 2002 8:47 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
I suggested and even sumitted to Paul a very concise all inclusive survey document a while back for his approval.
Alas maybe it is to much work to make a form that inclusive.
Either way.
I do not even look at the other forums let alone have any interest currently in them.
I check out the General forum then Steel Panthers and occasionally peek in on Combat Leader to see if anything new is up.
Eventually I will purchase Combat Leader.
I don't pre order anything though.
My money will hit the pipeline "after" the game appears as currently being sold.
So that makes me a positive on a future sale for CL for purposes of this thread.
My Matrix list...
Posted: Wed May 08, 2002 8:49 pm
by von Murrin
...Is: UV, WitP, NW, and LGA if I can stretch my daily shrinking budget that far.

Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 3:10 am
by Big Bill
I think I'll just buy everything and put it on the shelf untill I get tired of SPWAW, which may be never I fear! I'll chaulk it up to supporting my hobby this way since I don't know enough to help with the programing.
BB
Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 11:15 pm
by mitessu
My Matrix Buy List
Whichever order that they are released:
Battleline
Napoleonic Wars
War in the Pacific
Posted: Fri May 10, 2002 12:23 am
by Frost
despite some grumbling on printed manuals, and the bad taste in my mouth from Fortress Europe, I plan to purchase the following unless I hear they stink which I doubt:
UV
WITP
CA
Korsun (SSG)
and the mentioned Med title using the UV engine, and I would also buy the Atlantic if made(hope so)
Posted: Fri May 10, 2002 9:19 am
by Randy
I will definetly buy the complete CL module, and I will probably buy one of the Pacific games. If a CL version comes out of WWI, or the SPWAW version of he Civil War I will buy those also.
Posted: Fri May 10, 2002 4:51 pm
by AlvinS
I have pre-ordered UV.
I will purchase Combat Leader and all modules that follow.
War in the Pacific is a must have for me.
Battleline looks good and will probably be on my list also.
Posted: Fri May 10, 2002 5:04 pm
by Fred98
UV, Battleline and Korsun are definite.
Combat Leader and Close Assault are probables.
If UV goes well WITP too

Posted: Fri May 10, 2002 6:57 pm
by AbsntMndedProf
Eventually I plan to buy them all. As long as Matrix is around, I don't plan on buying wargames from anyone else! I already have my Matrix coffee cup, which I am now drinking my coffee from as I type!
Kudos to everyone who makes the great games and MCs from Matrix possible!
Eric Maietta
Re: What are the games you will buy from Matrixgames?
Posted: Sat May 11, 2002 11:58 pm
by scimitar
Originally posted by scimitar
Well, Paul launched three polls about the decline of wargaming and its future. I think it could be interrestive for the Matrix staff to know how we plan to buy their games.
So, for me: I'm planning to buy Combat Leader: Eastern Front, all of the following modules (especially waiting for the modern module) and all the megacampaigns for CL; I'm also planning to buy every new megacampaign for SPWAW (if any).
Well, I will probably buy Korsun Pocket, too...
Games
Posted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:20 am
by Raskal67
Well call me crazy or wasteful but I will continue to purchase every WWII based game distributed by Matrix. I feel that for those of us that appreciate the hobby ( or lifestyle) of a computer wargamer should support it in any way that they can. I even purchased Fortress Europe a pathetically bad RTS WWII based game . I do not regret it because in some small way it made games like Uncommon Valor and others become availabe. So Maqtrix keep it coming along with companies like HPS and Battlefront I will continue to spend my money and enjoy the hobby.
PS Even purchased two copies of UV to give one away to someone to spread the hobby.

Posted: Mon May 13, 2002 3:18 am
by Will_L
Pre-ordered Uncommon Valor. Napoleonic Wars and War in the Pacific are certain purchases as well. Good luck Matrix and thanks!