Page 1 of 1
Screen problem
Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:50 pm
by Gavris Narcis
How can I manage my luminosity and contrast for the game instead the monitor butons, because my screen is very dark and have nasty colurs. Already my monitor is at full with luminosity and contrast. All my effort is in vain because I cannot change this.
I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE 2 MX video card and a PROVIEW 17'' digital monitor.
I use many tweaking utilities for my viseo card but without result.
Leo.
P.S. And it is the problem not only for SPWAW. The majority of the games have that kind of problem: to darkened and without posibilty to changing this.
Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 2:28 pm
by Supervisor
Make sure your video card drivers are the most up to date, attempt to adjust some of your screen settings such as color depth(16 bit vs 32 bit), resolution, refresh rate etc to make sure your not overdirving the videocard. Make sure that your video card and monitor are properly identified by your operation system. Sometimes it will just install something as plug and play instead of installing your equipment properly which can cause an inconsistencey with your hardware capabilities. For it to be a problem with things other that SPWAW also there has to be a common problems somewhere whether it be hardware (bad video card or monitor) or software (improper drivers or settings) good luck.
Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 3:27 pm
by robot
Try bringing up your gamma . This will lightin most monitors adn effects the games too.
Increasing gamma -no effect
Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 3:46 pm
by Gavris Narcis
Increasing gamma is without result. Only the starting screen (there with the options) is more enlightened when I increse gamma, than the game always starts dark and with PRESETS (100 KHz refresh rate and with luminosity and contrast to maximum), and for this I can't make anything for this. it is just the Windows memorised a previous set of data for the game and use it continously ....
I don't know what to make.
Leo.
Posted: Thu May 09, 2002 5:36 pm
by Belisarius
Gavris, I have no idea if this works at all, but have you tried lowering your refresh rate to, say, 75 Hz instead?
Just a WAG on my part.. :rolleyes: