Page 1 of 1

Adding New Aircraft Art?

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:29 pm
by pad152
If I want to add new planes and art is there a way to add them as a separate bmp files?

If so, what are the naming conventions for the separate files (top, side, alpha)?


RE: Adding New Aircraft Art?

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:15 pm
by R8J
No. All of the aircraft art are located in six files (three per side). Two tops and a side. There is plenty of room to copy and paste new art to these files.

The file names are J_PlaneSide, Jptop, Jptop_alpha and A_PlaneSide, Aptop, Aptop_alpha, located in the Art folder.

RE: Adding New Aircraft Art?

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:20 pm
by pad152
ORIGINAL: R8J

No. All of the aircraft art are located in six files (three per side). Two tops and a side. There is plenty of room to copy and paste new art to these files.

The file names are J_PlaneSide, Jptop, Jptop_alpha and A_PlaneSide, Aptop, Aptop_alpha, located in the Art folder.

I know that but, I remember one the the developers saying that you could add a separate aircraft art just like ships (each ship has it's own art files).


RE: Adding New Aircraft Art?

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:11 pm
by DuckofTindalos
You're misremembering. Such a thing doesn't exist.

RE: Adding New Aircraft Art?

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:40 pm
by pad152
ORIGINAL: Terminus

You're misremembering. Such a thing doesn't exist.

What I remember is a statement that aircraft art was now being handled the same as ship art or something like that?

RE: Adding New Aircraft Art?

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:57 pm
by DuckofTindalos
As I said, you remember wrong.

RE: Adding New Aircraft Art?

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:02 pm
by wdolson
There was something in code to have separate plane files at some point, but I believe it was removed.  It isn't used right now in any case. 

I'm not sure why it wasn't implemented, it might be that the air team got to a point where they realized you can't get there from here.  We ran into some dead ends like that during development.

Bill

RE: Adding New Aircraft Art?

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:24 am
by TOMLABEL
ORIGINAL: pad152

What I remember is a statement that aircraft art was now being handled the same as ship art or something like that?


There is something like this in Patch 02 (or as far as I know it is supposed to be in 02). I've been testing it and it is MARVELOUS!

If it isn't spelled out in the release, then PM me and I'll send you the skinny.

TOMLABEL

RE: Adding New Aircraft Art?

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:35 am
by pad152
ORIGINAL: TOMLABEL
ORIGINAL: pad152

What I remember is a statement that aircraft art was now being handled the same as ship art or something like that?


There is something like this in Patch 02 (or as far as I know it is supposed to be in 02). I've been testing it and it is MARVELOUS!

If it isn't spelled out in the release, then PM me and I'll send you the skinny.

TOMLABEL


Sounds good [:)]

Thanks!