Page 1 of 1

Strange bug.

Posted: Sat May 11, 2002 9:43 pm
by E.Lagus
I was playing some SPWaW as the Germans against the US, and my Wurfrahmen 40´s were enjoying a field day. However, the 32cm flame rocket fired into a completely different direction (than the one it ordered it to fire) every time, even through 28cm HE rocket hit the target. (I am using 7.0 version, i think)
Stray flame rockets killed some of infantrymen mystically, but this i didnt notice. However, i got slightly pissed when the goddamned rocket busted my Jagdpanther! :mad:
Have any others seen this?

Also, i would like the thank Matrixgames for this wonderful, free game! My friend told me about it couple of weeks ago, and i have already got crushed a couple of times by him in PBEM games. :o
Practice makes perfect :D

Posted: Sun May 12, 2002 6:02 am
by Supervisor
Did the rocket lose the Foward Observer or spotter that is directing the fire, it could explain the off target issue if their firing blindly.

Posted: Sun May 12, 2002 7:54 am
by Seth
This problem may be related to one I have had, in which a unit will target units it can no longer see, and also target victory hexes at 999 hex range 0% to hit. Anyone seeing this? At any rate, during a PBEM game, I lost control of a fire mission I had called in. The bombardment icon did not appear where I had set it, and I was unable to shift fire. The mission landed in the top left corner of the map, which has always been sort of a running theme in bugs for this game. Units will sometimes target the top left hex, and the AI used to shell it sometimes.
Seth