Page 1 of 1

Pass the Ammunition

Posted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:39 am
by Capt. Pixel
For those who wondered what rate various weapons reload at (that's BOTH of you), here ya go. A small sampling of various weapons systems (In my humble observations :p )

Couple of interesting results -

Soviet 120mm Mortars reload at half the rate of their counterparts.

The M12 155 must have some special loading gear, it's 50% faster reloading than its counterparts.

Flamethrowers reload at a very high rate.

Ammo dumps reload some types of rockets at three times the truck reload rate.

Tigers reload faster with an ammo dump than with two trucks.

Enjoy. :cool:

Posted: Sun May 12, 2002 1:51 pm
by Belisarius
Very interesting research, Cap'n! :D

My reflection: It's not surprising that FT's reload quick as they are sort of a liquid MG - it's just to pull the trigger (and allow for cooling between shots).

The M12's just... :eek: ...is it just me or does it reload REALLY fast with a dump, considering it's ROF?

Awesome M12's

Posted: Mon May 13, 2002 4:43 am
by Capt. Pixel
Yep - they do!. I was also so startled at the difference, that I checked it THREE times. Same result each time.

You know, and it's like the US needs more advantages. :rolleyes:

I mean, they already got M4s and stuff. ;)

Re: Pass the Ammunition

Posted: Tue May 14, 2002 4:11 pm
by tracer
Originally posted by Capt. Pixel

Couple of interesting results -

Soviet 120mm Mortars reload at half the rate of their counterparts.

Really? I just finished a PBEM in which I had 6 SO 120mm's around an ammo dump...as long as I had them fire at 0.1 or 0.2 (allowing them to perform an ammo transfer too) their stock remained almost constant the entire game. Maybe I just had some crews with higher experience.

Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:00 am
by Easy8
Off subject, but in SPIII you can reload helicopters at a dump by hovering over it. Always got a big grin from the mental picture:D

Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 9:26 am
by Capt. Pixel
Originally posted by Easy8
Off subject, but in SPIII you can reload helicopters at a dump by hovering over it. Always got a big grin from the mental picture:D
Yeah you could do that in SP2 also. Great fun with those little hellfire gunships. Nothing moved on the battlefield. :D