Page 1 of 1

Plz refresh my memory

Posted: Sun May 12, 2002 1:57 pm
by Belisarius
Eh... I should know this, but anyway...

To what degree does the game take tank facing into account?
Ofcourse there's difference between front and rear shots, but angled ones? Tanks facing each other does not always face each other squarely, but maybe at a 10-15 degree angle. Is this just graphics, or is it taken into the calculations? :rolleyes:

Posted: Sun May 12, 2002 4:39 pm
by Goblin
I believe its taken into account. You will notice an increased number of side hits as you turn more of your flank towards the enemy. I always try to split the difference between known threats. Basically, face halfway between threats.

Goblin- A Goblin hopes theres not four of them;)

Posted: Sun May 12, 2002 5:07 pm
by Belisarius
So do I. Nice to hear there's reason for it! Thanx Goblin :)

Posted: Sun May 12, 2002 5:13 pm
by Orzel Bialy
If you've ever seen a 75mm PAK take on a JSII...it's obvious to me that every bit of angle matters. :)
From straight ahead at a good distance (12- 15 hexes on flat ground)...PLINK (unless a critical hit is garnered).
From a slight angle, same range....KLUNK ( possible suspension damage )
From 35 to 70 degree angle....BANG ( good chance of a kill or immobilization)
From 70 to 180 degrees....FLAMBE'! (roasting Russians for lunch)

At least that's what I have noticed. :)