Page 1 of 2
Play testers needed
Posted: Tue May 14, 2002 3:23 am
by Fradar
I need play testers for my Nam Dinh Part I scenario, Indochina 1947, french first airborne operation, that John "Redleg" Rank has already mentoned in the "scenario design" thread.
Before going into designing Part II I would need detailed report and comments on Part I.
Thanks in advance for those who want to volonteer.
Posted: Tue May 14, 2002 4:06 am
by Redleg
I had the good fortune of testing this scenario. Fradar has out-done himself with this one.
It was action-packed right down to the wire. Some very unexpected things occurred which kept me entertained and wondering how many turns I would survive.
This is a large battle that takes a good while to play but if you like tense paratroop and infantry fighting, this is for you.
I cannot go away without mentioning the map. Fradar makes great maps and this is no exception.
I am very curious to know if anyone can better my score in this battle. Sorry, the score and battle details must remain secret for a while.
Bring on Part 2. Fradar will have a challenge matching the quality of Part 1 but he will find a way.
Posted: Tue May 14, 2002 5:29 am
by M4Jess
im all over it!
I have made it public that i have to help out more and this will be a great start!
M4 Jess
Play testers needed
Posted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:42 am
by Fradar
Thanks John for your nice introduction and M4 Jess for volonteering
Posted: Tue May 14, 2002 5:03 pm
by Valoche
OK Fradar, je vais le tester aussi de mon coté
Steelgun O=
Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 6:24 am
by M4Jess

Wo!:)
I did nothing on turn one but defence fire!
Wo!
The map is GRAND! (please enter into the Map Contest!)
I should have moved my airborn, but truth is..I was scared!
There are lot of dead UM Tu Ve but there are 1000's more to re-place those I kill!
I wounder if I get more Air-Born...
So far................
M4 Jess
Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 7:12 am
by Redleg
A great battle - you ain't seen nothing yet!
The map is just magnificent - accurate also.
Play testers needed
Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:44 pm
by Fradar
Hello M4 Jess !
I think you start feeling what the encircled French experienced :fear and lots of VM infitrated everywhere and very determined. You still have 19 turns to go ! Enjoy and stay alert.
BTW I Have exhausted my quota of maps for the contest but I sent you this map already last week, I do not remember when. Have a little check please. if needed I can remail it.
regards
François
Hi Fradar, good scen :) .... put the second part SOON!!!!
Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:17 am
by Farfullo
Hi Fradar:
Thx to every people who post scen here =)..... Fradar...good scen i like it...i have only played two turns

(i dont have more time... :rolleyes: )i hope to end it tomorrow or perhaps on friday
Until this second turn i have seen that it is not too hard... (perhaps i have not played too much time and so i have not seen the real bloody part od the scen) but VM soldier losses morale too quick and retreat too soon... my troops only have to go out of the trenchs and kill whole formations in melee attack....
Sorry for my spelling ... i am not a good English speaker...i only hope you get the idea

.
Well ...i let me finish this scen to tell you my final idea. (it is extremelly, extremelly good by now) Keep that way. !!!!

. It is very very very possible that i was wrong about its difficulty.
Bye bye
Farfullo
Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:21 am
by hellcat
I'm on this too!

Play testers needed
Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:17 pm
by Fradar
Hi Farfullo,
Thanks for your comments.
Be cautious! Do not get too often out of your entrenchments! VM breaks apparently easily but the same units come back very quickly and quite aggressively.
Just a little warning!
Regards
Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:48 pm
by hellcat
yes I noticed they come back quick! those pathfinder units are excellent! am already having serious trouble hanging onto that 3 VH position in the S. E. sector and so far have been unable to send any kind of support in their direction...
without any ammo dump the mortars are on limited firing too... it's a tense situation! great map!
Hi again Fradar
Posted: Sat May 18, 2002 9:45 pm
by Farfullo
Hehehehe....cool scenario. Turn 11. VM has taken southeast position but my troops are striking back to gain it again

.
Yeap.. i was wrong....it is not too easy even playing with AI 0 i have some troubles to stop those VM units specially those formed by 25 people however it is fun see them fleeing hex by hex with one or two soldies lost, 25-23-21-20-19 eheheheh tacatacatacataca..piung piung hehehe..... I like it, i like it. Great map too. =).....
Fradar.....when will you post next scenario???? i am wait that moment. hehehe =)
Farf
Posted: Sat May 18, 2002 11:10 pm
by Redleg
Fradar has posted several scenarios at
Dirty Dozen
Just go there and download this month's scenarios.
13 scenarios this month. Some very good gaming there, I think.
Re: Play testers needed
Posted: Sun May 19, 2002 12:15 am
by BryanMelvin
Originally posted by Fradar
I need play testers for my Nam Dinh Part I scenario, Indochina 1947, french first airborne operation, that John "Redleg" Rank has already mentoned in the "scenario design" thread.
Before going into designing Part II I would need detailed report and comments on Part I.
Thanks in advance for those who want to volonteer.
Just downloaded it - looks good:)
Posted: Sun May 19, 2002 1:32 am
by Redleg
Marauder:
Hang on to your chair - it is a wild ride.
Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:37 pm
by Redleg
I am hoping that some of you will tell how this scenario played out for you.
My results were a decisive with 1500+ casualties produced.
I lost the Banque which I never did regain. The Shooting Field was hotly contested throughout the battle and right at the end, I lost one v-hex there. The left flank was hotly contested but I was able to hold on there.
Come on, guys. Let Fradar (and me) know how this played out.
Hi fradar and Redleg and the raiders =)
Posted: Wed May 22, 2002 2:13 am
by Farfullo
Hi everybody
Heheheh =) Decisive victory =)...perhaps a little crazy i have moved almost all my troops to the edges and protect the v-hex's with a mortar or even nothing. Hehehe Why??? Well, the answer is that mortar could stopt the first wave of VM troops for about 1 or 2 turn...that allow me move some of my troops there and defend the v-hex =)... The tactic worked well... All v-hex's was taken and more than 1800 VM was killed or surrended for about 250 french soldiers. I post the last turn here...watch out about the emptyness of the central v-hex...this is a little crazy... but moving some troops far around then i have been able to ensure them.
Sorry about my English spelling again...i am almost translating from Spanish to English literally (and some word are invented because i dont have much time to look for in a dictionary

)
Well goodbye my friend tomorrow or perhaps on Thursday i will begin with the first scenario of May from Redleg and the Raiders....
Wish me luck hehehe..i will need it =)
Sincerally Fradar...a good scenenario......make more like this....
Wave averybody..i have to go to sleep now...Ought!!! the file..i forgot it !!!!! Hehehe Here it is =)
Bye bye
Farf
Play testers needed
Posted: Wed May 22, 2002 2:42 am
by Fradar
Thanks Farfullo for your report. Interesting tactics. I will look at your last turn.
John Redleg was quicker than me. I also wanted to ask if some volonteers have played this scenario through.
Come on ! Do not be shy !
Play testers needed
Posted: Fri May 24, 2002 2:19 pm
by Fradar
Ever heard of protest songs ? By such people like Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger, Joan Baez... Way back when in the mid 60's.
I remember two of those, slighly adapted for this thread :
- " Where have all the testers gone, I'd like to know, wow, wow.."
- "How many times must a tester play a scen, before he can tell if it's right,
the answer, my friend, is not on the forum,
the answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind".
I thought winter was gone, maybe not for those hibernating testers.

:D...

...
