Page 1 of 2

1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:25 pm
by erstad
I ran the same PBEM turn using both 1084 and 1095. According to WitpStaff, I lost 400K worth of resources. If there was still lossage for transport I could maybe understand this given all the readjustment movement but since that was supposedly removed in 1.095 I don't get this.

Supplies dropped 100K or so, don't like this but i understand why the new algorithms might cause a lot of one time movement/lossage.

Fuel actually went up 9K.

here's the 1084 staff report for 8-28-1942



Image

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 pm
by erstad
here's the Witpstaff report for 8-28-42 run with 1095



Image

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:28 pm
by erstad
Here's the save

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:37 pm
by erstad
By the way, the in-game screeens also show about a 400K resource drop, so it's not just staff.

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:54 pm
by erstad
Bump

Anyone else seeing this?

Am I confused or do I really lose 0.4M resources if I switch to patch 2?

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:45 pm
by BigJ62
FWIW I'm fairly certain your resources are not disappearing but is the result of displaying incorrect data, when I get some time I'll show you exactly how much resources you really have.

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:35 pm
by erstad
ORIGINAL: BigJ62

FWIW I'm fairly certain your resources are not disappearing but is the result of displaying incorrect data, when I get some time I'll show you exactly how much resources you really have.

I'll trust you because your information is generally reliable, but I will highlight that both WitpStaff and the in-game Industry/resource screen both indicate a ~400K differences in resources. So a single display issue would not explain it but if there was an underlying common cause it might.

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:57 pm
by BigJ62
Well the ingame display is correct and I have no idea what staff is looking at. Production looks good as there was net gain of about 21,130 with 426,501 on board TFs of which 8,633 were loaded during turn. I've narrowed the deficit to a handful of seemingly innocuous function calls, stay tuned.

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:29 pm
by BigJ62
Found the problem, too many resources are being moved to Tokyo which exceeds the limit 999,999. 437,723 wasted. On the bright side we removed wastage via overland movement.

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:23 pm
by Oddball_France
Same problem on several games, to me and friends' ones (we're discussing on the subject on our french forum).

Anything we can do to avoid losing all the ressources/supply/oil//fuel we managed to stock ?

Can we expect a hotfix ?

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:34 pm
by Oddball_France
to show you my last turn :



Image

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:49 pm
by BigJ62
The problem with Japan is there is too much and all excess is being sent to Tokyo.

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 pm
by Oddball_France
ok but then ? we just can't stock ressources ? is japan just dead ?

why not allow stocks bigger than 1 million ? it would solve a lot of problems...
or maybe something like "if x > 990.000 then don't send x to that base again" in the ressource moving script.

i guess it's harder than that, but don't you think we can't leave the things as they are ? :/




Edit : are these ressources really lost or just kinda "hidden" ?

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:02 pm
by Mike Solli
I just noticed this thread. I ran into the same problem, >400k resources lost the first turn. My attempted solution was to load as much resources on AKs as possible. I'm down 800k resources by 11 Dec 41 but the level at Tokyo is down to 912,183. We'll see what happens on 12 Dec. I'm running out of spare AKs to hide resources on. [:D]

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 pm
by Mike Solli
Maybe you can answer a question BigJ:

Does the resource total on the industry screen include resources on ships? If not, then I'm only short 400k.

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:46 pm
by michaelm75au
Thats a good question!.

From what I can see in the code, resource counting for these screen only looks at bases. Not any ships that might be carrying them.

This would apply to oil, fuel, supplies also.

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:54 pm
by Mike Solli
Thanks Michael! That helps a lot!

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:59 pm
by BigJ62
correct it does not count ships and it is only because of that first turn surge when resources get relocated when you lose. Before you bring more in wait for the level at tokyo to drop to about half (499,999) and try set tf frequency to that.

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:34 am
by Mike Solli
Is there any discussion on fixing this problem?  I've got every spare AK in the Home Islands loading resources from Honshu in an attempt to reduce the amount of resources in Tokyo.  It's still pegged at 999,999 and my total resources is dropping at a frightening rate.  It's 13 Dec and my resource count in the industry page is 5.8 mil, down from 7.3 mil on 7 Dec.  I have about 500k resources stashed on AKs in an attempt to solve this.  These AKs have better uses than to be floating storage facilities. 
 
Any help would be welcomed.

RE: 1095 disappearing resources, etc. Aztez stay out!

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:42 am
by Takeshi
Is there a hotfix coming for the 999,999 resource disappearing problem? This looks like a game breaker to me.