Page 1 of 1

paratroops?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:58 pm
by irishman
Quick one guys. Where are the Japanese paratroop units located at the start of the game. Can't seem to find them anywhere!

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:19 pm
by jetjockey
Kagi & Kagoshima

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 pm
by Mike Solli
2 and 1 respectively.

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:31 pm
by Chickenboy
There's also a parachute raiding regiment (other than the two SNLFs identified above), but I don't recall immediately where that starts the game.

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:38 pm
by Mike Solli
That's the one at Kagoshima.

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:08 pm
by jetjockey
1st Raiding Rgt plus 1st Raiding Sentai start in Kagoshima.
Yokosuka 1st & 3rd SNLF start in Kagi.
2nd Raiding Rgt plus 2nd Raiding Sentai arrive in Kagoshima later.

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:34 pm
by irishman
Thanks guys. It's prompt and helpful answers like this that make this such a great forum![:)]

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:50 pm
by kaleun
While we are on the subject, I tried to get them to airdrop on an enemy base, but they did not. It was only four hexes away so distance was not the issue, and I had air superiority, so that wasn't it.
Any ideas?

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:02 pm
by jetjockey
I've not had that problem, but I have only attacked unoccupied bases. I don't know if it's a factor, but perhaps your "Commander" did not like the odds.

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:56 am
by Sardaukar
Probably enemy had CAP over the base, for example. 

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:26 pm
by Shark7
ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Probably enemy had CAP over the base, for example. 

Which is why it is a good idea to do a fighter sweep for a turn or two before sending the paratroops. You'll lose a lot less transports that way.

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:00 pm
by kaleun
NO, no enemy aircraft over the base. Had bombed it for a few days and there was no opposition.

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:23 pm
by Miller
Same problem for me, trying to drop paras on an unoccupied base with no air opposition either.....they will not go, the transport a/c default to supply transport the next turn. This issue was raised several weeks back but I dont think we got an answer......

RE: paratroops?

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:24 pm
by Yakface
COuld be bad weather ateaither take-off or landing locations