Page 1 of 4
Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:00 pm
by jwilkerson
I'm not having any problems accessing Matrix today or last night - but I am getting emails from number of people saying they cannot access - are there any people who have had intermittent issues? Is Matrix making any changes? Again, I have had zero issues - but I am hearing reports from multiple people who are having issues.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:03 pm
by dorjun driver
Works fine at this end.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:03 pm
by sprior
No probs here, but I have heard of others with issues
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 pm
by DuckofTindalos
No problemos all day.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 pm
by Micke II
I was unable to establish a connection to the Matrix website during almost all the day
(10 am european time until now)
The connection went to a Matrix game site which has nothing to do with this one.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:06 pm
by jmscho
It's OK now (17:00 GMT) but I couldn't access Matrix from at 08:00 GMT until about an hour ago. A site wanting to sell the URL but advertising wargames came up instead.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:06 pm
by Swenslim
I had problems with forum and site. I was redirected for some .com buying site where i was offered to buy matrixgames.com

))
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:07 pm
by sprior
Some people are ending up at Network Solutions telling them that the domain name registration has expired and it needs to be re-registered.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:13 pm
by LST Express
Directed to network solutions site for about 30 minutes but it seems to have worked itself out.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:20 pm
by eloso
That's exactly what happened to me this morning. I just worked on a turn instead and now it works.

RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:24 pm
by jwilkerson
Interesting - so sounds like some people are getting redirected to other sites - but not everyone.
So far anyway (knock knock) I have had zero issues last night and today getting to Matrix.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:39 pm
by Titanwarrior89
Happened to me. I was redirected and it gave me its home page. Don't know how that happened. I thought something was wrong with the matrix site.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:39 pm
by witpqs
No acute problem. However, I have had the same problem for years that I've heard others complain about.
Basically, for a few minutes at a time the forum does not respond. Particular problem when trying to submit a post, attach a file, etc.
I know the problem is not on this end because I've experienced it for so long that I have by now changed computers, houses, service providers, and even states. I've presumed it is something on the Matrix end or their service provider.
EDIT: This very post (prior to editing) took 3 minutes 'waiting for matrixgames.com' to post after I hit 'OK'.
I should also point out that I have no such problems with any other sites whatsoever.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:47 pm
by moonraker65
Yes I couldn't connect. Kept coming up with some Green & White site saying something about a domain name ?? anyway working ok now.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:48 pm
by jwilkerson
ORIGINAL: witpqs
No acute problem. However, I have had the same problem for years that I've heard others complain about.
Basically, for a few minutes at a time the forum does not respond. Particular problem when trying to submit a post, attach a file, etc.
I know the problem is not on this end because I've experienced it for so long that I have by now changed computers, houses, service providers, and even states. I've presumed it is something on the Matrix end or their service provider.
EDIT: This very post (prior to editing) took 3 minutes 'waiting for matrixgames.com' to post after I hit 'OK'.
I should also point out that I have no such problems with any other sites whatsoever.
I've had that problem very intermittently myself. I attribute it to a temporary high level of server activity. It used to happen more often - now I only experience it about once every 3 months. When it used to happen more often, I got into the habit of composing my longer posts in note pad and then cut/paste to matrix, but dramatic reduction in issues over the past 18 months has gotten me "lazy"again - so I lost one post a few weeks ago. But problem does not happen to me very often since about 18 months ago.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:51 pm
by Fletcher
i could not access to matrix webpage until now.. from this morning I request matrixgames.com and i get a different webpage. Good to see no more problems to access to matrixgames

)
Regards
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:51 pm
by erstad
I had problems earlier today and I also got an e-mail from Rev Rick who was having problems too. Same redirect to a site offering the domain or whatever. Obviously better now.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:59 pm
by LoBaron
I had the same problem during the day.
Maybe dns resolution issue of the host?
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:17 pm
by Rob Brennan UK

[:D][:D]
Edit , actually down here all day till about 1/2 hour age when LoBaron mailed me it was up again.
RE: Problems with Matrix Forums?
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:21 pm
by Andy Mac
Kept me out all day just got back on