Page 1 of 1

AI Air planes

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:17 pm
by Razz1
I noticed they just sit there once you discover there base.

1) the AI is programed to reinforce in full.

This should be looked at. It is easily exploitable.
Perhaps a 80% random chance to reinforce in full. If not then reinforce 50 %.

2) Also, what needs to be added is: If bombed at air base move unit back.
The AI never moves there air bases back. You just bomb themto zero.

3) I never see the AI fly any sorties for scouting. You will probably have to add a pop up for when they are intercepted.
If the AI could fly sorties, then it will help them and perhaps they will bomb your air bases.
I would assign the priory to bomb air bases by the AI as high.

RE: AI Air planes

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:31 pm
by gwgardner
Good points. To aid in AI air ops, beyond what you indicated, I'd like to see the Fog of War not apply to the AI. Let the AI be aware of everything, everywhere.

RE: AI Air planes

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:53 pm
by Mike Parker
Don't know about the FOW thing, and I mean literally I don't know.  But what I do know is that the AI needs to manage its air forces better.  You can really sink the AI pp wise by doing exactly as the OP suggested and bombing the AI air forces in place till you eliminate them.  A human would never allow that!

RE: AI Air planes

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:03 pm
by Deadfish59
[font="times new roman"]v1.6[/font]
[font="times new roman"][/font] 
[font="times new roman"]The AI does not seem to know when to stop, and fails to have a concept of negative  return on investment.[/font]
[font="times new roman"] [/font]
[font="times new roman"] In my 1st full game I’m playing Great Britain and the US. Late 1940 and continuing into early 1942 (where I am now), the Germans and the Italians air forces attacked earning sometimes moderate gain and large loss.  They hit a wall, as I have been keeping fighters near full strength and upgrading when possible.  Recon reveals Germany and Italian Fighter and Tech units mid to low strength.  They are bleeding themselves for just to occasionally score a hit on a land unit, and rarely hit an air unit.  This seems foolish, as besides occurring pilot and equipment losses, these units are expenses, so I assume it must also bleed their respective economies.  [/font]
[font="times new roman"] [/font]
[font="times new roman"]Can this be addressed?  Can the AI stop a (air) campaign when it’s getting mauled?  [/font]