Page 1 of 1
German Allies and partisans
Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 7:19 am
by Preuss
Does anybody rely on the Allied infantry for anything than partisan chasing? I'm just wondering what you long time players do.
Re: German Allies and partisans
Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:49 pm
by czerpak
Originally posted by Preuss
Does anybody rely on the Allied infantry for anything than partisan chasing? I'm just wondering what you long time players do.
Preuss,
I do, but one must be patient. E.g. in one of my current PBEMs Italian troops in Africa at the end of 1942 have reached experience levels of 80-90. In Africa experience doesnt count (yet) so I rotate them with fresh troops and use Italians at front. If you dont play under house rules you can do the same with Romanians and Hungarians. I do the same with Wehrmacht - fresh units go to France and Africa until they gain enough experience. But that needs long time perspective. And usually I dont give a f*** about partisans until late in war. Hope this helps a bit,
good luck in changing history
Maciej
Posted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:39 pm
by Preuss
thanks Czerpak,
Although I've considered rotating German units in and out of West Front, I hadn't considered doing much with their allies. I like to have my partizan chasers around, though...there's some satisfaction to seeing "partisans annihilated in combat".
BUT....I think there should be some broad area coverage units doing the work instead of combat units
Posted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:43 am
by Ranger-75
That's what the German Security divisions were for. They're not good for much else. I put a couple of them in spare korps and chase the partisans.
Re: German Allies and partisans
Posted: Wed May 22, 2002 11:00 am
by Lokioftheaesir
Originally posted by Preuss
Does anybody rely on the Allied infantry for anything than partisan chasing? I'm just wondering what you long time players do.
Preuss
Yes i do.
Hungarian/Rumanian/Itallian (and Slovak) Infantry and Mot/Pz Divisions are potentially just as strong as German divisions. They only need to have their experience raised to 70+ or more.
If you have decided that the war will continue into '42 then give these units as much combat experience as possible.
Many games that ended in Axis Victory in '42 have had strong Allied divisions holding less contested areas of the front. One has Itallian Pz Divs (as part of a German PzCorps) encircling Moscow.
Do not waste resources. You have only just enough to win.
Loki
As to Security Inf Divs being useless. Well iv'e
had a few battles where 3-4 Sec Inf Divs have held off a soviet attack in Blizzard. What more could i ask?
Re: German Allies and partisans
Posted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:33 pm
by moonfog
Originally posted by Preuss
Does anybody rely on the Allied infantry for anything than partisan chasing? I'm just wondering what you long time players do.
I normally reorganize the romanian units in the first couple of turns. The 3rd romanian army becomes a part of AG South and is to defend the Kharkov area during winter 41/42. I think especially in the south the germans don't have enough own units to close the line. Minor allies in the frontline are still better than nothing.
The mobile units of the minor axis are put into spare PzKorps shells and used as mobile battlegroups to assist german breakthroughs.
Regards
moonfog