Help with 'Mines and Bunkers' tutorial

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Seagull
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 06, 2002 10:18 pm
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada

Help with 'Mines and Bunkers' tutorial

Post by Seagull »

I tried this one last night... I cleared lots of mines, destroyed a couple of MG bunkers, shot up a few PzKfw-IVj's and some infantry squads... then thought to check the number of turns remaining. Two. Made a mad dash for VHs with my Jumbos (discovering a couple more mines in the process). Managed to reach one on the final turn.

Result: crushing defeat :(

Restart the scenario, and this time I look at the VHs. The two central ones are worth 1000 points apiece at the end of the game. OK. The two on the north and south flanks are worth 1000 points... per TURN :eek:

Second time around, I push my engineers on the flanks after laying a smoke screen that nearly spanned the width of the map. By the time I'd cleared a path for my tanks to rush over the ridge, I still didn't reach the VHs until turn 12.

Result: draw :mad:

Has anyone managed to do better than this, or are my expectations too high? I hate like fury to be moving my recon/engineers/infantry for their fullm ovement allowance several turns in a row. It feels like a recipe for disaster.
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

Since it is a tutorial, I concentrated on learning how to clear the mines with a smokescreen protection, and how to bust those bunkers. Never occured to me to get the VH's... :p
Image
Got StuG?
Post Reply

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”