Page 1 of 3

HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:24 am
by Hard Sarge
hmmmm

very bad weather for the opening round, that could make a mess of things, I can live with bad bombing, just don't want bad take off and landings !

nothing fancy, just trying to feel out my enemy, and keep him on his toes

slip a couple of surprises in there for him, if he notices them (I did that to Tanker, and he was so busy, he never noticed them !)

send out some recon to what I want to know, and more recon to areas, that I don't care, but, with the intent, that it will make Dixie wonder what I am planning

bombing targets for today, mainly some airfields, the basic's, Biggin, Henley, Deben, Tangmare

got to move some troops around, so nothing really heavy (to be honest, it will take a good week to get my forces set up, the way I want them to be)

so, with that in mind, light raids towards 10 Group (Tangmare and a AFAC and recon)

11 Group, will be Biggen and Henley

12 Group, will be Deben, recon, a number of Night raids

13 Group, will be recon

the plots



Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:26 am
by Hard Sarge
what I am expecting to see once I get to Biggen Hill

I think this will be a shocker for my foe

Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
by Hard Sarge
Yes, that is right, I am leading the raid myself

me and my trusty Jasta, will defeat the RAF

(at least for local Air Superiority)

but I do expect this to a be fight to the finish, my foe is not the normal, run of the mill enemy, he kind of nasty with bad breath (sort of like T)



Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:29 am
by Hard Sarge
just in case, that is Dixie to the left

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:52 am
by DuckofTindalos
Oh, just start making out already. All this sexual tension can't be healthy...[:'(]

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:17 pm
by Hard Sarge
good first turn, losses on better on his side, but since the light for both, I can live with it, did some good damage to 2 of the main targets, and damage two other

already looking forward to some bad weather !

losses for the first day



Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:19 pm
by Hard Sarge
won't bother with the damage screen, since there is not much there !!!

so, end of day summery screen


good damage to airfields, all but missed on the rest of the raids

readyness is way down


Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:20 pm
by Hard Sarge
but looks like my Jasta helped out, good raid on Biggen

Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:23 pm
by Hard Sarge
okay the plots for day two

don't have the force to really go whole hog, so, will go mini hog

some decoy's (which if they hit, great, if they miss, but draw fighters and let the other raids hit, great)

sent out a bait, with a timed Smash raid to follow, this one could hurt either way, hopefully I get away with it, with out too much pain, but it is more to put a idea into his mind (and any damage would be good)



Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:25 pm
by Hard Sarge
first day, I didn't send out any Intruders, will put some out today

if you can follow my plans, I wrote them out

Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:04 pm
by Nicholas Bell
Interesting - all those small raids with limited escort.  Always results in high losses and not enough bomb weight to do enough damage for me.  Then, I normally fly about 5000' higher.  Have to give your method a try!

Hey, shouldn't you be working on finishing that new BTR OOB Harley keeps mentioning?  [:D]

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:08 pm
by Hard Sarge
Timing is everything

OOB is out for testing

I still want to look up some Airfield placements, but waiting on the testers to reply


RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:13 pm
by Hard Sarge
may be HARD to believe, but those 2 Stuka raids got 5 units defending them, I am out of planes

Harley's mantanit rules are pretty ruff on the LW in the BoBs


RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:40 am
by Hard Sarge
well, got all of my targets, my decoy and bait, were so-so

both sides got a lot of damaged planes, with not many kills

I think I am getting more of the late crashes



Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:44 am
by Hard Sarge
so, Biggen, Henley, Tangmare and Wick are knocked out (for the day, Airfields don't get knock out for long)

but did get two AFAC and one CFAC (of course, he has more parts then he needs)

today will be a weather day, sent out some recon raids, see if I did any damage at night

the losses

Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:46 am
by Hard Sarge
and what the summery screen looks like

should pick up a point of SD when the raids begin again, maybe another point of AS, but the easy Airfields are pretty much all hit



Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:57 pm
by Hard Sarge
last turn was a bad weather day, so just sent out 5 recon missions and told Dixie I only had a couple of recon birds flying for the day, guess he trusted me, as he didn't put up a single plane (of course, I think he figured he wasn't going to reach them 86s anyway

which starts of day 4, with well rested troops on both sides


RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:09 pm
by Hard Sarge
havn't really gotten into much of what my plans are, which, since this is a odd campaign, I don't really have much of a plan, early goal is to gain AS, while doing some SD damage along the way, if I do well enough with AS, I can win, with out dividing my forces on other targets, but if I don't, then I need to have some damage started

(you get a point for each 500 SD damage, and a TError point, for each 10,000 damage, needless to say, you don't get much out of terror, unless you really work at it, which so saying, the way I always worked it, a target is worth X 10 what the size is, so a size 4 AFAC is worth about 40 SD points (not counting Crit and what not) so, as you can work out, 500 SD is a lot of targets)

sooooo, as of day 3, I have a AS score of 4, and SD/TE of 0/0, but I do have over 400 SD points, so am kind of close to gaining a point of score, if I can push it over that 500 mark

so planning for today, is to try and get my AS to 5 or 6, wear down the RAF some, and hopefully start getting some kills, instead of tons of damaged planes

also, should push my SD to 1, so, going to drag this one out some, early days were in one hugh mass, this time, will try to overload each sector at a time (11-12 Groups will count as one sector for today, since the main targets are pretty close to each other)

hope to hit 13 Group and get away with out too much damage, lost 13 planes the last time I hit 13 Group( about of a 3rd of them to crashes on the way home)

so here are the plots for today

Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:11 pm
by Hard Sarge
and the raids

I going for a mix of 2ndary fields along with the main fields, want to try and catch the "real" bases

(kind of odd, you score points for the main fields, but most times, the 2ndary fields hold most of the planes)



Image

RE: HS vs Dixie, BoB full Campaign

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:26 pm
by Hard Sarge
really, kind of a odd battle so far, sort of like real life, spurts and stops, can't get anything going

had two raids slip in, and both ended up missing, losses are kind of mild for both sides, I am getting a lot of damaged fighters, but, very few kills



Image