Page 1 of 1

Can't launch the game....

Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:16 pm
by robbo
I also posted this on tech support forum above.

Cannot get the game to run. Fresh install on P3-800, WIN98SE, V5500, aureal2 soundcard, last drivers available. The first time I tried to launch the game after install I got a screen that said organizing files then an immediate BSOD on a VXD VCACHE fault. The computer also BSOD'd while trying to restart after that. Ever since the same conditions but the BSOD is on a VXD AU30WAVE fault (which would be the sound card). This system is extremely stable otherwise (I haven't had a BSOD in 4-5 months and I flight sim off this system).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should also mention that this happens with all background processes killed except for explorer and systray.

robbo

robbodmit@hotmail.com

Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:36 pm
by osros
Dont know if this will help but if you have Hardware Acceleration on your sound card ON, try it turned OFF.

Also if UV has sound card setup, If its set for primary sound driver. The set if for your Sound card Name on the List. If its already set for your sound card name then set it for Primary sound driver.

Sometimes these things help.

Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:46 pm
by Marc von Martial
Just wanted to post that.

I for example have problemes with Hardware acceleration on while playing OPF. Once I turn it off the game runs very smooth.

Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:06 pm
by robbo
Killing sound acceleration helped.

thanks

robbo

Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 8:20 pm
by osros
Ok Marc,

When do I start my new Position at Matrix Games?

Wheres my desk?


:D

Posted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:10 pm
by Mike Wood
Hello...

Thank you.

Have Fun...

Michael Wood
Lead Programmer,
Matrix Games
_________________________________________________
Originally posted by osros
Ok Marc,

When do I start my new Position at Matrix Games?

Wheres my desk?


:D