Page 1 of 1
Ignoring Soviet forces against the A.I.?
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:05 pm
by Admiral Scott
I am playing the quiet china scerario against the AI.
Can I ignore the soviet forces, or is there a chance for them to be activated?
Has anyone seen a game against the AI in which the soviets were activated?
RE: Ignoring Soviet forces against the A.I.?
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 pm
by freeboy
who are you playing as?
As allies they will not activate, as Jap you are the one to choose weather to attack them..
RE: Ignoring Soviet forces against the A.I.?
Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:53 pm
by Ghertz
Seydlitz, as the Japanese, has purposefully activated them. You can read his progress in this thread:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2228497
RE: Ignoring Soviet forces against the A.I.?
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:15 am
by Admiral Scott
Im playing as the allies.
RE: Ignoring Soviet forces against the A.I.?
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:31 am
by freeboy
ok, there is nothing you can do to activate them SHORT of switching sides by setting a saved game to h2h and attacking the reds, trust me... the jap ai doesn't want any part pf the sleeping reds
RE: Ignoring Soviet forces against the A.I.?
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:48 pm
by FOW
I don't think the AI is stupid enough to reduce the Manchukuo Garrison below the 8000 AV trigger point - OR IS IT ?????!!!!! [X(]
RE: Ignoring Soviet forces against the A.I.?
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:53 pm
by freeboy
Well, it would not be WAD if it did imo
RE: Ignoring Soviet forces against the A.I.?
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:27 pm
by chesmart
In my game the soviets got activated when i switched on H2H and played 15 turns that way. The ai reduced his AV in manchunko because of the heavy losses he took in the east indies.
RE: Ignoring Soviet forces against the A.I.?
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:16 pm
by JeffroK
ORIGINAL: FOW
I don't think the AI is stupid enough to reduce the Manchukuo Garrison below the 8000 AV trigger point - OR IS IT ?????!!!!! [X(]
In my game versus the AI they have drained to about 6500 pts, No Red Army activation yet[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
RE: Ignoring Soviet forces against the A.I.?
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:38 pm
by Bradley7735
If you play the Japanese AI, the Soviets will not activate at all, even if the Manchuko garrisson amount is reduced to 0. You have to play H2H and attack or run a few turns for them to be activated.
I believe it's an AI benefit, and one which I'm totally in agreement.