Page 1 of 1

air unit withdrawals

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:52 am
by jshan
Is there a fix yet?

RE: air unit withdrawals

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:43 am
by Mike Solli
What's the problem?

RE: air unit withdrawals

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:05 am
by castor troy
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

What's the problem?


is there? [&:]

RE: air unit withdrawals

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:22 am
by khyberbill
Is there a fix yet?
My PBEM is in 8/43 with no problems with air withdrawal.

RE: air unit withdrawals

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:05 am
by michaelm75au
ORIGINAL: jshan

Is there a fix yet?

A clue as to needs to be fixed would be helpful.

RE: air unit withdrawals

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:23 pm
by jshan
Look at rhe Bolos in Fresno. 4 groups without withdrawal buttons. This is very early in the game. Here is my save.

Joe

RE: air unit withdrawals

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:58 pm
by michaelm75au
As these groups are permanently withdrawn, the disband and withdraw buttons are functionally the same - remove the group's planes and pilots.

Thus the need for just the one button.

There are a number of groups that are permanently withdrawn/disbanded.

To help with identification of these groups, on the Withdraw line at the top of the screen, a 'P will be printed in the next PATCH.
eg (Withdraw by 1 January, 1942 P)

The screen dump shows the mouse over on the 'disband' button.

Image

RE: air unit withdrawals

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:23 am
by khyberbill
Look at rhe Bolos in Fresno. 4 groups without withdrawal buttons. This is very early in the game. Here is my save.
You get many groups that you can not remove by withdrawal but must remove by disbanding.

RE: air unit withdrawals

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:14 pm
by G.Boggon
I have had a similar problem 803 sqd FAA will not withdraw I ask it polity to leave by pressing the withdraw button. It pretends to leave but it is still there I firmly insist that it withdraw , and again it seems to comply now I am even given 17 pp for my trouble well I lost 12 at the start of the turn so I am up 5 pp. But the 803 is still with me :). I better not try again as I know this just give me 17 more pp. this is not the first time I have tried this in fact I have been trying since the unit was first scheduled to withdraw some weeks before this I have to withdraw it from time to time to make up for the 12 pp it costs me every turn so I withdraw it twice every 3 turns. As we have now finished the game. Here is the file my password was ctcl

RE: air unit withdrawals

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:26 am
by michaelm75au
This was corrected in patch 3 IIRC.
There was an issue where the group was withdrawn, but the group it came back as was on the map - not expected.

RE: air unit withdrawals

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:41 pm
by freeboy
it is fixed