Page 1 of 1
Wow...is it me or.....
Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 4:57 am
by Orzel Bialy
has this sub-forum really exploded?
If it isn't just me, all I can say is: I love it!

It's great to see all these new battles flaring up left and right.
Being pretty much a FNG myself...I have taken up Hellcat's "espirit de corps" and decided to help others break into the world of pbem.(well except for that old fart Jess, who has more posts than a 45 year old hooker has Johns!

) I have four battles going at once...and all I can think is how do you guys do it?
After this I'll probably sink back down to one at a time...so I can spend just a bit more time on my Case White Campaign...but I just had to say something about what I've seen just in the time since I first posted here last month!
It's Fantastic to see this! Welcome to all the new members of the SPWAW forum. Where fun is had by beating the snot out of one another!!!
Goblin....I think you're gonna have some explaining to do when people start asking for all the Free give aways you promised in our post on the main forum. LOL

Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 5:04 am
by M4Jess
I agree Orzel:D
and I feel we must thank Goblin and Bernie fir starting this trend!
(Where is Bernie?) its alot of fun but once I am through with this full plate I too will get back to design and playtesting..I also will keep one PBEM battle going..but 1 at a time.. What a great change~! I am and have loved being a part of this growth sprit!:D
M4 Jess- a M4 has to go kill a Orzel!!? now:mad:
Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 5:18 am
by Goblin
Orzel,
I promised nothing they already aren't getting! Thats the mark of a good salesmam!:D I agree, I love dropping in on the threads to view the action!
Jess,
Thanks for the thanks! Bernie was moving, and he said it would be a coupla weeks before he got back online.
All,
Its not the battles that take up the time, its the posts! Wow. I can take all my turns, for all the games, in less than an hour, but then have to go and post! I too will tone it down a bit, if only to improve my post quality (which has dropped off somewhat), and to read more of everyone elses battles, which I find fascinating!
Goblin- A Goblin doen't type too well
Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:22 am
by hellcat
yup it sure is good to see (and read about) all this action. I'm glad ppl post there battles and summaries, I've learned a good few tips here (and on the training centre subforum - which could do with some boosting too I think). I wonder if maybe we should ask matrix about setting up a league or something? It sure is good to see all this new blood!
Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:38 am
by M4Jess
hee-hee:mad: a hellcat said blood:mad: hee-hee
Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:56 am
by Vitreum
I must admit I was alittle apprehensive about you guys at first, but in just a week or so, you have ALL taught me more than the manual could.
Tanks.
Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 7:24 am
by Goblin
Why, we're not strange or nothing, are we? No, of course we're not. But he said... I don't care what he said. You obey me, not him. Of course, I obey you....
Goblin- A Goblin hears voices:eek:
You're lucky Goblin
Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 7:40 am
by Orzel Bialy
you only have voices...I have to put up with both Rommel and Patton sitting on either side of me.
"Do this Orzel".
"Are you crazy Erwin...I kicked your @ss when you tried that with me."
"Nein Georgie...you're overwhelming air power is what forced me to allow you into Tunisia."
"Allowed me in? Why you no good *bleep* of a *bleep* jack *bleep* take this."
Then Patton usually slaps Rommy with his glove and Rommel jumps up and low and behold they trash my computer room! Then my wife comes in and says "God, will you clean this place up!"
Then what can I say? She can't see them...they ran off to hide when they heard her coming down the hallway.
Hhmmmm...wish I only had voices to contend with.

Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 7:53 am
by hellcat
strange? us? :rolleyes: man I wanna retire to a rest home with you guys, and we can all play spwaw til we croak!

Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 3:42 pm
by DerC
I agree
It's great fun reading others' experiences on this sub-forum and it encouraged me and a friend to post a thread too. Some great tips can be found on all of these posts too - thanks for them.
It does take a lot of time to write posts on the turns, escpecially when English is not my native language. Hopefully this improves my language skills as well

Posted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:14 pm
by Vitreum
DerC:
You write English better than most people I know speak it!!!
I thought I was the only one with Generals' voices in my head.
Its usually not a problem.
Sometimes I slip up though and walk into a room full of strangers and say:
"Allow me to introduce ourselves...."