Page 1 of 1

I hope this helps

Posted: Thu May 23, 2002 9:51 pm
by Philbill1
I have 2 computers at home and installed it on both. The first computer hung at the startup screen for the game (both installed fine) After trying all sorts of drivers, DirectX etc I noticed the hard drive space free was down to 400mb. i cleaned it up to 1.3 Gb and the game ran fine!
Phil

Interesting...

Posted: Fri May 24, 2002 2:52 am
by Erik Rutins
Philbill,

How much system memory was on the first computer? What are its specs otherwise as far as hardware and operating sytem? It's certainly possible that your swap file was causing you some trouble with less hard drive space. Did you perchance also defragment at all? Fragmentation can have a surprising effect on system stability in many cases.

Regards,

- Erik

Hi Erik

Posted: Sat May 25, 2002 2:18 am
by Philbill1
The first system had 64 Mb of RAM and a well defraged drive. thats why I checked the drive as I knew it would be swapping a lot. The 2nd one has 512Mb of RAM. Both systems use Win 98SE.
The first computer is older with a pentium 400 and an Expert@play 8MB video with an inline 8Mb Voodo1.
Phil