Page 1 of 1

Refueling at Sea Doesn't work!

Posted: Fri May 24, 2002 1:08 am
by Capt Cliff
I've tryed to refuel at sea at least ten time and no luck! Why is it so difficult? I was something both the American's and Japanese perfected! When I have a Air Combat TF and I select to refuel TF at sea all the fuel comes from the CV's, I do have a replenish TF in the hex with the AC TF!:confused:

RAS

Posted: Fri May 24, 2002 2:21 am
by Iron Duke
Replenishment at sea is done automatically , all you need is a replenishment TF in the same hex , ships low on fuel will take on fuel.
The refuel at sea button transfers fuel from the larger units in the TF to the smaller ones i.e a BB will refuel a DD etc.
Cheers
Iron Duke

Posted: Fri May 24, 2002 2:54 am
by Capt Cliff
Thanks! I'll give it a try........

Posted: Fri May 24, 2002 7:04 am
by worr
Make sure you fuel up the fuel ships first. ;)

Worr, out

Unreps

Posted: Fri May 24, 2002 8:02 am
by mogami
Hi, When you select the unrep at sea function the ships will look for a fuel source in the hex, not just their TF. Oilers will refuel up to using all their ops. when they reach 1000 ops used for the day they will not refuel anymore ships that day. The larger ships in a TF will provide fuel if no other source is available.

Posted: Fri May 24, 2002 11:30 pm
by dgaad
Unfortunately, the game failed to include the MEGA HOSE, the hose that can be spun out hundreds of miles by a Fleet Oiler to refuel needy ships hundreds of miles away, or from ports to Fleet Oilers that forgot to load fuel before departing. This oversight will be corrected in due time by the Matrix development team.




Why is it that everything Cliff doesn't understand because he hasn't read the manual he gets on the forum and claims it a BUG or a design flaw?

Posted: Fri May 24, 2002 11:50 pm
by HMSWarspite
Originally posted by worr
Make sure you fuel up the fuel ships first. ;)

Worr, out
And just to repeat this important fact, "You have to load the repl TF FIRST before you out it to sea (with fuel!)" (I missed this the first time I played Coral sea!)

no wonder!

Posted: Sun May 26, 2002 11:42 pm
by brisd
AH HA! That's why my AO's don't refuel the other TF's. Duh...
Thanks for that info HMS Warspite!

Posted: Wed May 29, 2002 6:46 pm
by 11Bravo
Originally posted by HMSWarspite


And just to repeat this important fact, "You have to load the repl TF FIRST before you out it to sea (with fuel!)" (I missed this the first time I played Coral sea!)
Ha. It took twice for me to notice. :o

Posted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:01 pm
by iancollins
I bet most of us did that........... I did :(