Page 1 of 1
Multiplayer?
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 1:46 pm
by Machean
I was just wondering if it´s only possible to play Steel Panthers waw, in multiplayer through e-mails, and hot seat? IS there another way?
------------------
Bang, Bang, your dead!
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 7:27 pm
by Paul Vebber
You can , but in a sort of "manual" way. And not using secure pbem.
Set up the game and verbally decide who gets what units. THen THe first player moves his units, saves teh game and sends the file to the next player on his side (or teh next player takes over at hotseat. When all the players on a side are done, the last guy hits end turn and sends it to the enemy.
The TCP/IP play in version 3 allows up to 4 players, with specific units assigned to each player (essentially as SP3 online did).
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 1:24 am
by Wild Bill
And it is the most fun in gaming I've had in years. The testers try to get together every night just to fight using this feature, just for the fun of it! You will love it!
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 3:41 am
by Jon Grasham
hmm, I assume it will, but just to make sure, will the TCP/IP games be playable over a LAN? I realize hot seat games are there, but swapping seats, having to move away on the other's turn, etc, can get old in a hurry. Nice to have a station to yourself, plan, think, play a hand of solitaire while waiting, etc.

Thanks for any answers.
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 6:56 am
by Tom Proudfoot
Yes, as long as you have TCP/IP installed (not just IPX). You probably do, but I just wanted to be clear.
Tom
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 7:38 am
by Jon Grasham
yeah, that's what I assumed. Wanted to make sure, since it was mentioned as TCP/IP internet games.. Well, great news for me!

Thanks.
[This message has been edited by Jon Grasham (edited 07-13-2000).]