Page 1 of 1
"Could not start this game"
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:25 pm
by JudgeDredd
I tried to create a small game, but when it came time to start the game, this came up.
Now it could be down to my installation issue, so I will uninstall and reinstall tomorrow and post back - so don't lose any sleep over it. But I was going to say, I was able to start a Tutorial and also a Quick Start game...so I'm wondering if it was tied to the parameters I set for the game??

RE: "Could not start this game"
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:26 pm
by elliotg
Be sure to install the 1.0.1 patch JudgeDredd - this patch should resolve the issue you're seeing.
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/379/downloads/Distant.Worlds
RE: "Could not start this game"
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:27 pm
by JudgeDredd
Whilst I'm here, I did change a few parameters in my selection and was able to Start a New Game...so it seems it was a parameter issue.
I did change a couple of parameters and try again and it failed, and again and it failed. Third time worked - unfortunately I wasn't totally convinced it was linked to the parameters, so wasn't paying too much attention
I'll have to get back to you tomorrow about which parameter seemed to make the difference - I changed about 3 or 4 and all of a sudden I was able to create a game.
RE: "Could not start this game"
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:29 pm
by JudgeDredd
Will do - wasn't aware there was a patch aready

RE: "Could not start this game"
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:53 pm
by JudgeDredd
Well, I installed the patch and tried again (with the same parameters that I discovered the error with I think) and it was fine. I guess the patch fixe it.
RE: "Could not start this game"
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:36 pm
by JudgeDredd
It turns out it was the patch that fixed this issue. I was trying to use Xenox as the race and this is fixed in the patch
RE: "Could not start this game"
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:43 pm
by Erik Rutins
Thanks for the confirmation on that, Judge.