Page 1 of 1

Charged Twice for DW?

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:54 pm
by Tyranicus
I got a charge yesterday for DW for $43.98 thats with the extended download service and today for $39.99? Both are pending but am I gettin charge twice?

RE: Charged Twice for DW?

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:00 pm
by Webbco
Hi Tyranicus. I THOUGHT I had this problem but Erik, being the total legend he is, sorted it for me. I recommend you give him your order reference number (on the confirmation email you received)and he can see where and how you have been charged twice. He'll probably point you in the direction you need to go regarding getting your money back. Hope it gets sorted.

RE: Charged Twice for DW?

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 pm
by Erik Rutins
This could be one of three things:

1. The most likely reason is that the first charge you saw was a pre-authorization and the second was the real charge. Some banks/cards show the pre-authorization and don't clear it as quickly as they should, so it looks like a double-charge.

2. You accidentally ordered twice.

3. The store had a glitch and actually double-charged you (very unlikely in our experience, hasn't happened yet, though it's not impossible).

If you e-mail me your order number at erikr@matrixgames.com I can check it out.

RE: Charged Twice for DW?

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:13 pm
by Gertjan
Erik,

I have the same issue and I have already sent an e-mail and used a kind of ticket for support. Could you also please help me. I find this game very promising and have been anticipating it for a long time (you know I have been active on this forum ;). But now my pleasures is somewhat diminished as I accidently ordered the game twice, because the first time I got an error after pressing the complete purchase button and I didn't go to the download section. The second time it worked, but now I fear my credit card will be charged two times. Can you please help me and give me reassurance that I will not be charged twice?

Thanks a lot in advance and I'm looking forward to enjoy this game and will provide you with quite some feedback to improve this magnificent game.

RE: Charged Twice for DW?

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:38 pm
by Erik Rutins
Hi Gertjan,

Most important thing to know is that we will be happy to refund the other copy if you accidentally ordered twice. If you e-mail me your order ID to erikr@matrixgames.com I can make sure you were not double-charged and that you are refunded if you were. Most important thing is to know the order ID for the order you want refunded, rather than the one you are actually using.