Page 1 of 1

Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:07 pm
by RonLugge
I have a small squadron of ships, set as a fleet, that I use as my 'roving trouble shooters'. In essence, I rely on automated ships to escort my civvies around, and when pirates attack I jump this group in to stay and deal with the pirates/hunt down their base. Problem is, half the time they complete a mission (usually an attack mission) they defleet, and I have to manually track them down and refleet them.

Why?

RE: Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:12 pm
by Erik Rutins
I think this is a release version bug, I was able to duplicate this and have passed it along to Elliot. Have you tried this with fleet formation automation both on and off?

RE: Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:23 pm
by hadberz
Have you selected all the ships then hit control (any number) i.e. control 1? Next time you hit (any number)1 those ships will be selected. Easier then hunting them all down one by one.

RE: Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:35 pm
by frugaldude
Thanks Hadberz.  Encountered the same problem.  That should solve it for me. Nice to have you guys with more than 24 hours of game time so willing to help us out.

Thanks again.

RE: Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:08 pm
by RonLugge
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I think this is a release version bug, I was able to duplicate this and have passed it along to Elliot. Have you tried this with fleet formation automation both on and off?
No, I didn't think it mattered. I'll just use the control-1 thing, that should work great.

Edit: FYI, double-pressing 1 doesn't center on the ships. I have to select a single ship from the ships screen to find them. Annoying!

RE: Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:24 pm
by hadberz
Do the control 1, then if they wonder off on their own, just select 1 then right click and order them to move where you want them. They will all meet at that spot. Once assembled you can then order them all to attack or move some other place.