Page 1 of 1

Upgrade or bug?

Posted: Sat May 25, 2002 5:28 pm
by Fuchida
I had a squadron of A-24 dauntlesses in scenario 17. Around July 4th I moved them to Gili-Gili. When I checked the next day, my 10 Dauntlesses had become a squadron of 16 Havocs.

I checked the complete air unit list and I confirmed I lost the dauntlesses and gained a second squadron of Havocs.

Anyone know if this is an aircraft upgrade which happens automatically or a bug?

If it is the former, some sort of notification by the programme when this happens would be very useful.

Posted: Sat May 25, 2002 6:29 pm
by dgaad
That squadron of Dauntlesses became Havocs in my game also. I think this is part of the normal upgrade process for planes. Of course, we players know that we'd rather have Dauntlesses than Havocs, especially in Scenario 17. But, we don't have control over the upgrade process. Maybe we will in WitP.

Posted: Sat May 25, 2002 7:34 pm
by worr
A message would be great. It would be nice to know a new CV has just steamed in too. Such things would be immediately forwarded to the CIC.

Maybe for 1.1 update?

Worr, out