Page 1 of 1
Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 pm
by Tanaka
You cannot give an AI opponent race their special government when selecting them in as an opponent in a new game? Does this mean they never get their special government?
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:56 am
by Jim D Burns
ORIGINAL: Tanaka
You cannot give an AI opponent race their special government when selecting them in as an opponent in a new game? Does this mean they never get their special government?
I assumed that when you selected a pre-defined race, that it came with the appropriate government type. Matrix will need to confirm this though.
Jim
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:47 am
by Tanaka
ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns
ORIGINAL: Tanaka
You cannot give an AI opponent race their special government when selecting them in as an opponent in a new game? Does this mean they never get their special government?
I assumed that when you selected a pre-defined race, that it came with the appropriate government type. Matrix will need to confirm this though.
Jim
You mean if you left the gov type on random?
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:49 am
by Jim D Burns
ORIGINAL: Tanaka You mean if you left the gov type on random?
Yeah, though now that I think about it I am probaby wrong in my assumption.
Jim
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:48 am
by OverlordCW
You can do that afterwards with the game editor.
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:58 pm
by Tanaka
ORIGINAL: OverlordCW
You can do that afterwards with the game editor.
Hmmm did not know we could or think about doing this. Still there should be no reason why these cant be selected at game startup as it adds to the race variation...
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:10 am
by Tanaka
ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns
ORIGINAL: Tanaka You mean if you left the gov type on random?
Yeah, though now that I think about it I am probaby wrong in my assumption.
Jim
Anyone know the answer to this? Erik?
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 am
by Erik Rutins
Sounds like a minor issue - I would use the editor for now until we get a chance to fix this.
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:47 am
by Tanaka
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Sounds like a minor issue - I would use the editor for now until we get a chance to fix this.
Hi Erik,
I tried to use the editor but there is no option for the race special governments there either. So it looks like the only player that can have these type of governments (mercantile, tech, etc) is the human player and not the AI?
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:51 am
by OverlordCW
ORIGINAL: Tanaka
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Sounds like a minor issue - I would use the editor for now until we get a chance to fix this.
Hi Erik,
I tried to use the editor but there is no option for the race special governments there either. So it looks like the only player that can have these type of governments (mercantile, tech, etc) is the human player and not the AI?
Works for me. You can only change to special govs for races that can have those.
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:04 pm
by Cindar
I've certainly seen AI empires with special governments. Presumably they can choose to switch over themselves.
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:25 pm
by Andrew Loveridge
They will get the special government randomly, in fact it seems to be weighted toward them, from my experience. I can't remember meeting Securans who didn't have a Utopian Paradise.
RE: Special Governments not an option when selecting opponents?
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:16 am
by Fishman
Changing the government types in the Editor appears not to work correctly, as the changed government retains the attributes of the previous government.