Page 1 of 1
Spwaw 7.1 doesn't run
Posted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:58 am
by luisd
SPWAW v7,1 w all megacams. When click play goes back to menu window. Help!
Run Problems...
Posted: Sun May 26, 2002 5:23 am
by Orzel Bialy
Well someone from the staff may be able to give you a better answer...but here's my advice.
Remove the game from your system completely.
Then start by loading DF first / WT second / LV third...they should always be loaded in order of first to last...then get the 7.1 patch and make sure it has a space between the word"matrix games" when you explode the patch...as it was loading as one word and was therefore not working correctly.
See if that works for you. If not you might want to contact/visit the support site and try some of the troubleshooting tips.
I have found that its usually best to start from a clean slate when the game doesn't open or crashes to the desktop.
Hope that helps.
Oh yeah, welcome to the community!

Posted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:38 am
by Supervisor
Did you install 7.x from the Mega CD's or are you running full version from a download. A full version of SPWAW needs to be installed from one at least one of the Mega CD's in order to incorperate Mega's properly in SPWAW.
Posted: Sun May 26, 2002 8:50 pm
by Goblin
I believe the problem with the 7.1 patch was the space itself. You had to delete the space, not add one.
Goblin- A Goblin views it as a waste of space;)
I stand corrected....
Posted: Sun May 26, 2002 8:56 pm
by Orzel Bialy
I believe you are right, as always Goblin.

I knew there was something about the patch though that I had encountered...just got it backwards.
That is why you are the "teacher" and I still the "pupil".

Re: I stand corrected....
Posted: Sun May 26, 2002 9:00 pm
by Goblin
Still having problems w v7.o
Posted: Mon May 27, 2002 12:06 am
by luisd
I had installed v7.0 from megacam cd's, in oder DF-WT-LV andDF-LV-WT.Also singly to no avail. All I get when click play is the animations and credits,and back to the menu window.
Nested Directories
Posted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:03 am
by Supervisor
Check to make sure that you don't have nested directories. These are directories with identical names residing within each other. Each directory name within a SPWAW installation is only used once, except for save, it's used twice and can be found within the MatrixGames\SPWAW directory and the MatrixGames\SPWAW\MegaCam directory. Below is what a proper looking directory tree should like with all Mega's installed. Hover your cursor over the image and in the bottom right corner a resize icon should appear allowing a larger easier viewing image.
Posted: Mon May 27, 2002 7:57 am
by chief
Luisd: Quick question. Are you getting audio ? You must have same to play.