Page 1 of 1

System Requirements

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:00 am
by Makinus
I'm considering buying Distant Worlds and my desktop have much more than the recommended specs to run the game, but first i want to know if my notebook will be able to run it.

I have an Acer Aspire One D250:

1.6Ghz Intel Atom processor 2GB Ram Graphics Card Intel GMA 945 (Directx 9.0c capable) 250GB HDD

Will it run?

Thanks

RE: System Requirements

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:42 am
by VarekRaith
My specs.

Intel C2D @ 1.86GHz 2GB DDR2 Intel GMA 950 [:D]

I turn down nebula and star density all the way to the left. Works fine.

RE: System Requirements

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:46 am
by elliotg
You should be ok with those specs VarekRaith. Just be sure that your screen meets the minimum requirements of 1024 x 768 - anything less will not run DW.

RE: System Requirements

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:55 am
by VarekRaith
Yep, I'm at 1280X800. Works perfectly fine. [:D]

RE: System Requirements

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:11 am
by Terl
ORIGINAL: Makinus

I'm considering buying Distant Worlds and my desktop have much more than the recommended specs to run the game, but first i want to know if my notebook will be able to run it.

I have an Acer Aspire One D250:

1.6Ghz Intel Atom processor 2GB Ram Graphics Card Intel GMA 945 (Directx 9.0c capable) 250GB HDD

Will it run?

Thanks
Makinus, this sounds like a netbook. Most of them can only do 1024x600 so I don't think it will work. Per Elliot's post you need at least 1024x768.

RE: System Requirements

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:04 pm
by Makinus
While my netbook has a native screen resolution of 1024x600 it can use 1024x768 without any problems, just extending the desktop a little... other games that demand this screen resolution work without any problem... my main doubt was with the processor and the graphics card....

RE: System Requirements

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:19 pm
by Terl
ORIGINAL: elliotg

You should be ok with those specs VarekRaith. Just be sure that your screen meets the minimum requirements of 1024 x 768 - anything less will not run DW.
Your choice. The above is from the developer...