Page 1 of 1

save game speed

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:25 am
by YourConscience
Saving the game takes literally minutes. From observing CPU usage and write speed it's clear to me that the problem is that the writing occurs in an unbuffered way. A simple fix would be to not write to the file at first, but to save everything into a byte array, and once that is finished, write out the entire save in one consecutive write operation. That way even a 100MB save would take only 3 secs to store.

RE: save game speed

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:41 am
by BigWolfChris
I believe some save/load game optimization will be in the next patch But I believe this suggestion to be a sound one Of course, I tend to only deal with database saving and loading, so no idea if this would actually benefit on a physical file action