Page 1 of 1
Recreational only working on space ports?
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:39 am
by BigWolfChris
Now, I tend to have "Pop Support" Bases for making my pop happy without the need for expensive Space Ports But I've now noticed that the "Recreational and Medical Facilities benefit us" only shows for colonies with space ports
Is this a bug, or are recreational and medical components only suppose to affect colonies when aboard a space port? Galactopedia states they work at on bases, but don't say if only on space ports or not
RE: Recreational only working on space ports?
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:38 pm
by Interesting
Got any answer for that already?
This might hinder our plan to make "pop happy" star bases on colonies.
RE: Recreational only working on space ports?
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:02 pm
by BigWolfChris
Tbh, we'd have to wait for an official answer My guess currently is, it only works for Space Ports
RE: Recreational only working on space ports?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:47 pm
by BigWolfChris
Are we able to get an answer for this? It's pretty obvious the bonuses are being given when aboard a space port, but is this intentional or should they be given about other bases as well?
RE: Recreational only working on space ports?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:40 pm
by Joram
Sounds like a bug. I believe they have stated before that those types of bonuses would work on any stationary object. This implies even you could put it on a ship but it would only work if the ship is stationary. If true, I'd venture to guess that the issue would be that bases aren't generally built on top of your planet like spaceports are so perhaps there is a distance issue going on. While I don't know if this would work, if you tried having a constructor build a base on top of the planet instead of next to it? I've never done it as the planet can build it's own.
RE: Recreational only working on space ports?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:33 pm
by BigWolfChris
The planet itself is building this "pop support" base
RE: Recreational only working on space ports?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:48 pm
by Joram
My point is that this base is built off of the planet while spaceports are built on top of the planet. If there is any kind of radius affect to the bonus, then maybe those built off the planet aren't close enough? If your bases are built on top of the planet, then my theory is out the window. Regardless, it sounds bugged.
RE: Recreational only working on space ports?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:09 pm
by BigWolfChris
Oh ok, I understand what you're meaning When I get a chance, I'll try and see if I can manually construct it above the planet
RE: Recreational only working on space ports?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 pm
by elliotg
This is a bug. It should work for any type of base at a colony, but currently only works for space ports. We'll fix this in the next patch.
Thanks for the report Elliot
RE: Recreational only working on space ports?
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:22 pm
by BigWolfChris
Cheers, glad to know [:)]