Page 1 of 1
old saves?
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 pm
by freeboy
I just did the beta patch and I cannot see any of my old saves... please help also, I just saved anew, and could not find afte rexiting program where the folder is? odd PLEASE help me find my old saved games!
RE: old saves?
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:07 pm
by ASHBERY76
It is in the old 1.2 folder.
RE: old saves?
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm
by freeboy
exactly my point, I cannot find any save folders inside my main game folder?
RE: old saves?
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:11 pm
by ASHBERY76
On the load game screen click on distant wolds folder and then click on 1.2
RE: old saves?
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:12 pm
by freeboy
Its like they are being saved in some other place... ie not inside the folder for the game?
RE: old saves?
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:14 pm
by freeboy
right, does not exist
RE: old saves?
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:16 pm
by freeboy
so I found them in the folder for app data... ok.. while see whats up when I re launch the game
RE: old saves?
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:18 pm
by freeboy
wow, that was really difficult to find.. the folder did not auto pop in the screen, so while not a but definately an odity.. I had to scrol through several levels, and typing the name of the file, saved game, did not bring it up! thanks for the help, momentary panic session over! lol
RE: old saves?
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 pm
by freeboy
somehow the WINDOWAS portion of finding the folders was screwy.. they just where not available! Now that I accessed them.. the browser at teh load gae is active.. probably a windows issue, BUT wanted you all to know about it thanks again
RE: old saves?
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:57 pm
by Andrew Loveridge
It does default to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Code Force Limited\Distant Worlds\1.0.3.0\SavedGames with the new patch and there are separate folders for each previous version. The AppData is a hidden folder by default. But you can create/designate any folder to hold your saves, when you use the "save as" option.