Page 1 of 1

Mining those rare resources

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:37 pm
by aprezto
Is there a way, much like the expansion window (tried using this but doesn't seem to fit the bill) that I can filter for a certain resource so that I can send a constructor to a source of resource to build a mine?

Able to do this for colonies, but of course most mine-able resources are not on colonisable planets?

Sorry if this is a dumb one.

RE: Mining those rare resources

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:55 pm
by belouski
Easiest way I know of is to go to Galaxy Map screen. Left dropdown can select Known Resources and Right dropdown allows you to pick the specific resource of interest.

RE: Mining those rare resources

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:01 pm
by freeboy
I use the expansion screens and scroll to the resource in the filter

RE: Mining those rare resources

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:12 pm
by Erik Rutins
The expansion window does have a filter for this as well, when viewing potential resource sites and you can thus narrow down the sources to just those with the resource you need and direct a construction ship to them from that screen.

RE: Mining those rare resources

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:43 pm
by aprezto
Hi Eric;
 
yes, it FELT like the expansion screen was the spot to do this, but even though I could filter for a certain resource, I didn't note where I could send the construction ship...? Dunce hat must be on.

RE: Mining those rare resources

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:12 pm
by lordxorn
The expansion screen has the button at the bottom just like when you send ships to colonize, you can either cue or direct order a mining base.

RE: Mining those rare resources

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:22 pm
by aprezto
Ahh - that makes it clearer - was expecting a construction ships button. The developers have just cut to the chase and requested the end product: a mining base.

Thanks all for your input

RE: Mining those rare resources

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:24 pm
by Cheet4h
On top of the list of potential colonies is a dropdown-menu in which stand 'potential colonies' by default. There you can select 'ressource targets by your empires priority'. If you click on elements in the list now you can send constructors instead of coliny ships.