Page 1 of 1

BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:16 pm
by thiosk
Though my technology is getting ever more advanced, I must still adhere to the Size limit of 200 for my ships. The automated ship designs are routinely generating ships at size = 207, which cannot be built at any colonies. I then have to go into the design, copy as new, remove a shield or gun, and save that design in order to build ships.

Version: 1.02 OS: Windows Vista x64, 6gb RAM,

RE: BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:22 pm
by Arnir
What ship yard are you using or have researched?

RE: BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:28 pm
by thiosk
I will have to check, reported it at work-- but since destroyer class warships are at 200 units, I do not understand why the AI would generate destroyers >200 units.

NOTE: By AI i mean the automation of the ship designs; NOT the AI empires.

RE: BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:41 pm
by Arnir
ORIGINAL: thiosk

I will have to check, reported it at work-- but since destroyer class warships are at 200 units, I do not understand why the AI would generate destroyers >200 units.
True, I don't understand why unless the AI has more advanced shipyards than you do.

RE: BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:38 pm
by taltamir
i have the same issue. only at a larger scale... for a time the AI was designing capital ships that were just a hair too big... removing one item made them fit... but then i improved my build capability so its solved.

RE: BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:22 am
by Arnir
ORIGINAL: thiosk

I will have to check, reported it at work-- but since destroyer class warships are at 200 units, I do not understand why the AI would generate destroyers >200 units.

NOTE: By AI i mean the automation of the ship designs; NOT the AI empires.
Ah, I understand now. Sorry for the confusion and ignore my thoughts.