Page 1 of 1

BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:19 pm
by thiosk
I've noticed an issue where occasionally mining stations fall out of planetary orbit and sit stationary in the starmap, and do not orbit with the planet/moon. Stations may not be placed on the planet, as it is flagged as having a station, even though it has been left far behind as the planet orbits the star.

I cannot verify whether or not the station is operating normally.

I'd post screenies, but that will have to wait until tonight.

Version: 1.02

RE: BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:36 pm
by FerretStyle
They don't operate normally. Once they run out of stuff they will remain empty from what I have seen.

Even deleting them with the editor wouldn't allow me to rebuild a new one in the same location. Definitely a game-breaker if this happens on a rare resource.

RE: BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:56 pm
by elliotg
We are aware of this issue happening occasionally and are trying to track this down.

Thanks for the report Elliot

RE: BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:21 am
by VarekRaith
ORIGINAL: elliotg

We are aware of this issue happening occasionally and are trying to track this down.

Thanks for the report Elliot
I seem to get this often when I queue an order while the construction ship in building.

RE: BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:37 am
by elliotg
ORIGINAL: VarekRaith
ORIGINAL: elliotg

We are aware of this issue happening occasionally and are trying to track this down.

Thanks for the report Elliot
I seem to get this often when I queue an order while the construction ship in building.
Thanks for that extra bit of info Varek

RE: BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:35 am
by sbach2o
ORIGINAL: elliotg

We are aware of this issue happening occasionally and are trying to track this down.

Thanks for the report Elliot
I already uploaded a saved game with instruction on how to reproduce: See here

You can ignore the save game, however. I've meanwhile verified that the instructions in my top post are sufficient to reproduce the problem.